Home Dec

A place to share what we are working on or hope to be working on.

Moderator: ShirleyC

KathyD

Home Dec

Post by KathyD »

Thought I'd share a picture of the cushion and window treatments I did for Livvy - long distance! I didn't enjoy making either, but hearing how much she loved it and now is enjoying her private space makes it all worthwhile!
Livvy window seat.jpg
Livvy window seat.jpg (119.47 KiB) Viewed 14778 times
Livvy window seat 2.jpg
Livvy window seat 2.jpg (99.81 KiB) Viewed 14778 times
Kathy
Luzenia

Re: Home Dec

Post by Luzenia »

Great job.

Luzenia
JerryR

Post by JerryR »

Kathy, how fabulous! Of course Livvy loves it!! I want to crawl in there with a book. :D
KarenVA

Post by KarenVA »

It’s perfect, Kathy!!! She is the princess of her own space!! I love window seats, but we couldn’t put one in this house—so I got the next best thing: a gazebo!
Hugs, Karen
Angela

Post by Angela »

What a great space and a wonderful job the treatments! I want that space too! I'm liable to be napping in there and not getting any work done! :lol:
Angela Lee
Pooler, GA
nonie

Post by nonie »

A super great space, you did a wonderful job of decorating..
NancyFigur

Post by NancyFigur »

Kathy, amazing! She must feel like a princess. I love all the stuffies in there with her. I am sure she was thrilled with what you did.

Karen, I think the Gazebo is just as special as the window. Seat, I do covet your Gazebo and wish we had one.

Nancy
janmoore

Post by janmoore »

Such a magical place for Livvy to escape, dream and read! As others said, we would all love such a spot!
You did a fantastic job, especially long distance. Even with shipping costs, I am sure it was much less expensive than anything Krissy could hire done. Plus, Livvy knows it was made with so much love and care!

Does she have a step stool to access it, or is it not as high off the ground, as it appears? Of course, I ask as a 68-year-old who sometimes has problems stepping off or on a curb! :lol: Most likely, LIvvy simply scrambles right up there!
ShirleyC

Post by ShirleyC »

That's neat space and the curtains look great!
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
KathyD

Post by KathyD »

Thanks ladies!

Jan - yes, she has a step stool to get in as it's quite high - much higher than where a window sill would normally be. You should have seen me crawling into it to try and get the original template - it wasn't pretty!!! I had to get a regular step stool as i was afraid I'd break her cute one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kathy