Best EVER Brownie Mix Cookies

Let's get cooking. You can't sew on an empty tummy
KarenVA

Best EVER Brownie Mix Cookies

Post by KarenVA »

I had a big box of six brownie mix pouches--and I thought it would be so nice to be able to make brownie cookies! I didn't know if that even was a "thing"! So, I Googled and found this amazing recipe!! These are the best cookies!!! I don't think I'll ever make brownies again!!

I did add white chocolate chips and walnuts to this recipe.

https://www.backtomysouthernroots.com/w ... /305/print
Hugs, Karen
ShirleyC

Re: Best EVER Brownie Mix Cookies

Post by ShirleyC »

Thanks for sharing! I love anything easy and good!
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
emilyb

Post by emilyb »

Karen, what brand of brownie mix did you use?? I have a box of Ghirardelli brownie mixes but it already has chocolate chips in it and I am wondering if adding more would be too much.

Del
Angela

Post by Angela »

I bet those are fantastic!
Angela Lee
Pooler, GA
KarenVA

Post by KarenVA »

Del--that's the kind I used. It was perfect using extra chips and nuts. I did a double batch and froze some for later.
Hugs, Karen
nonie

Post by nonie »

That sounds so good, I love brownies!
emilyb

Post by emilyb »

I made a single batch of these. As I generally cut just a corner off of a bag of chocolate chips, I held the bag over the bowl and measuring cup and much to my surprise, I had cut the entire top off of the bag. Needless to say I had an over abundance of white chocolate chips in my cookie mix!! I thought about trying to remove them but decided it would be just easier to have very chocolate chippy cookies!! Because they had so may chips in them, they didn't looked baked so I left them in the over longer than I should have. They are extremely tasty and I intend to make them again but with the correct amount of chocolate chips and baked for the proper length if time!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Del
ShirleyC

Post by ShirleyC »

Del, that sounds like something I would do. :lol: I bet they were super good though! I bought some brownie mix today. I already have the chocolate chips I need to use.
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
KarenVA

Post by KarenVA »

I'm glad you made them, Del. I used the whole bag of white chocolate chips, too--with the Triple chocolate Ghirardelli brownie mix. If you follow the timing and leave the cookies on the cookie sheet for 10 min after they come out of the oven--the cookies will be perfectly baked. These have become our favorite cookies!
Hugs, Karen
ShirleyC

Post by ShirleyC »

I made these Easter Sunday. They were really good, but so messy. :D

A friend pointed out on FB how the baking mixes have decreased in box content. The brownie mix I bought was 15.25 oz, and the recipe calls for an 18oz box. My friend posted pics of the same cake mix only one was bought a few weeks ago, and one recently. The first one was 15.25 oz and the last one was 13.25 oz, and both are Betty Crocker. However they call for the same amount of eggs, water, etc. :roll:
You all take a look the next time you shop!
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!