He likes Ninjas lately!! So...
Attachments
01 Ben's Room sign - Copy.jpg
01 Ben's Room sign - Copy.jpg (77.23 KiB) Viewed 29443 times
Hugs, Karen
nonie

Re: Ben's Bedroom door sign

Post by nonie »

I LOVE that! Ben will be so happy to have that.
KarenVA

Post by KarenVA »

Thanks, Nonie (Tomotokiku)!

Here's a chart to convert your name to Ninja!! I'm Mekashikuto!
Attachments
02 Ninja names.jpg
02 Ninja names.jpg (12.28 KiB) Viewed 29433 times
Hugs, Karen
nonie

Post by nonie »

Karen, how did you do the sign? did you do the embroidery and then use the piece to make the sign, it looks like you have sewn all around the edges.
KarenVA

Post by KarenVA »

Nonie, I made the design in my Bernina software (the ninja is from JuJu designs and the font is part of the software)--it fit my large oval hoop. I cut out 20" square of fabric and ironed fusible fleece to the back of it. Then I ironed fusible polymesh to the back of all of that--and centered the fabric in the hoop. I stitched out the design. Then, I cut out a paper pattern of a rectangle with rounded edges to the size I wanted and centered it over the stitched out design and pinned it in place. Then I cut out the front of the sign. I cut another piece of fabric for the back, using the same paper pattern. I placed the front design and the backside fabric with right sides together (with the hanging ribbon in place inside) and stitched 1/4" seam allowance all around the edge--leaving about a 2-3" opening to turn it all right side out. Then, I ironed it and closed the opening by edge stitching all around it.

I hope that made sense!!
Hugs, Karen