What's on the needle!

A place to share what we are working on or hope to be working on.

Moderator: ShirleyC

nonie

What's on the needle!

Post by nonie »

This is start number four. This is a new to me method of ending and beginning each row, that should leave a seam that will be hard to find and will blend right in.
You finish each row with knit 2 and purl the last stitch, the beginning of the row you slip one stitch purl two stitches. When she demonstrated the finish she just weaved in the thread and it looked just like a row.
knitting1.jpg
knitting1.jpg (100.21 KiB) Viewed 10056 times
Angela

Re: What's on the needle!

Post by Angela »

I know nothing about knitting but it looks fantastic!
Angela Lee
Pooler, GA
Luzenia

Post by Luzenia »

Nonie, I have used this edge stitch when I made Shaker Knit sweaters back in the late 90's. It makes for a nice edge that looks just like the Shaker stitch and the side seam disappears when sewn together. However, unless it is written in the pattern directions I forget to do it and just continue with the stockinette or the pattern stitch called for in the pattern . I have recently found a new method of joining new skeins of yarn in a project called a Russian Join. This results in a virtually invisible join of the working yarn and the new skein of yarn. A video of the method is on you tube.

Luzenia
nonie

Post by nonie »

Thank you Luzenia, I will check that out. I saw the cutest little girl hat that is pink and white, so it will be exciting to learn a new method.