Molten Chocolate Cakes for Two

Let's get cooking. You can't sew on an empty tummy
Barbara Rose

Molten Chocolate Cakes for Two

Post by Barbara Rose »

I made this for dinner and it was yummy. It's a Land o Lakes recipe and it's for two people. So often, I end up giving (or throwing) away the desserts I make because we just can't finish them before they are old. Anyway, this is a recipe for two and they were easy and so good.

1 half stick (4 Tbsp) butter
2 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp espresso powder (I omitted this and it wasn't missed...I don't even know what it is)
1 egg
1 tsp all-purpose flour
Powdered sugar, as desired (I skipped this and served it with vanilla ice cream)

Heat oven to 450 degrees. Spray 2 ramekins (4 to 6 oz) with cooking spray. Set them onto sturdy baking sheet.

Place butter and chocolate in small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Whisk in sugar, espresso powder, egg, and flour until well mixed.

Divide batter between prepared ramekins. Bake 11-13 minutes or until cakes have risen around edges but still jiggle in center.

Turn out onto serving plates; garnish with powdered sugar as desired (I used ice cream instead). Serve immediately.

I mixed this up before we sat down to dinner and popped it in the oven when were about half through eating.
KathyD

Re: Molten Chocolate Cakes for Two

Post by KathyD »

This sounds delicious!!! I'll have to try it, though I hesitate to eat anything chocolate after 2pm as I already have significant sleep issues. This might be worth the risk though! :lol:

Kathy
ShirleyC

Re: Molten Chocolate Cakes for Two

Post by ShirleyC »

That's not much flour to be called a cake. :D It sounds good though!
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!