Stuffed Eggplant - air fryer recipe

Let's get cooking. You can't sew on an empty tummy
ShirleyC

Stuffed Eggplant - air fryer recipe

Post by ShirleyC »

I used the air fryer, but if you don't have one, I'm sure it would work in the oven too. It was so easy! I forgot the bread crumbs. I just used the eggplant, tomatoes, onions, cheese, paramasan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder when making the stuffing. It was so yummy!

The recipe and instructions are also in the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=deskt ... e=youtu.be
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
nonie

Re: Stuffed Eggplant - air fryer recipe

Post by nonie »

Might come as a surprise but I have never had eggplant! do I try it?
ShirleyC

Post by ShirleyC »

It does have a little different taste than squash, and since I don't really know your pallet, I can't push you. LOL If you do try it, I would suggest frying some slices like we fry squash - salted and coated with meal or flour. I've always liked meal the best.
I like an entree' at Copeland's that's topped with eggplant - Eggplant Pirogue has pasta, shrimp, and eggplant. So good. Another reason you need to come south. :D
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
nonie

Post by nonie »

I defiantly want to try this. How do I pick out a good one at the store? Is there anything I should look for that makes them good or put them in the don't buy .
ShirleyC

Post by ShirleyC »

I would say just to pick up one. LOL These came straight from the garden, and some I kept in the fridge a good while. If it's really soft, I would pass.
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
janmoore

Post by janmoore »

That really looks delicious!
I may need to break down and buy an air fryer. My counter space is limited, not sure I have enough room! The oven really heats it up in the summer, though. I am often cooking salmon or heating other things. What kind of air fryer do you have?
nonie

Post by nonie »

Jan, the airfryer I have is the best thing I ever did! Mine is a Ninja and I can bake anything and not heat up the kitchen. The baked potatoes are so good sometimes I just pick one for my supper and fill-it with all sorts of goodies, top with sour cream and it's so easy and yummy.
I am excited to try eggplant something tells me I have been missing out!
Last edited by nonie on Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShirleyC

Post by ShirleyC »

Jan, mine is the Ninja also. I wish I had gotten the Ninja foodie because it’s deeper. I use it all the time. I can make toast and cook biscuits in it. If I bring home fried fish when I eat out, I can reheat it, and it’s so good. I also air fry port chops and chicken strips!
I get most of my recipes on Pinterest.
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
janmoore

Post by janmoore »

Thanks, Shirley and Nonie! I may look into one, and treat myself. Might also require a little rearranging in the kitchen!