Smocking by Embroidery machine

A place to share links to those sites from which one feels she has received exceptional service. This forum is not intended as a place to vent. Lets keep things positive.

Smocking by Embroidery machine

Postby HoltsSadie » September 27th, 2007, 12:56 pm

this is where I got my designs, but Martha Pullen also has some

http://www.elizabethsembroideries.com/smockingCont.html

sara
HoltsSadie

Postby sandy » October 20th, 2007, 8:30 pm

:shock: Have you done this and does it actually turn out well? Looks like a real time saver and a real nerve saver for someone who knows nothing about smocking! (which would be me)
sandy

Postby SewingForAll » October 20th, 2007, 8:49 pm

Sandy, Scroll down almost to the bottom of this page. The monkey on the baby's romper is machine embroidery. I really like it, I don't smock too well so this was a great help!!

http://www.everythingsewing.net/phpBB-2 ... php?t=6501
SewingForAll

Postby sandy » October 20th, 2007, 8:54 pm

That is very cute and the children are adorable! Was this done with a panel or insert? Thanks for the prompt answer!
sandy

Postby SewingForAll » October 20th, 2007, 9:09 pm

I pleated an insert, then did the machine embroidery. Took all the holding threads out so that it would puff instead of being pleated. Thanks the two 'big' boys are twins and that is their little 7 mo. old brother, they are my oldest son's children.

Sara can explain it better than I can; when she has a chance to see the post she can answer in more detail. But if you have any more questions, I will try to answer them. Have a great Sunday!!
SewingForAll

Postby HoltsSadie » October 21st, 2007, 8:34 pm

You know, that might not be so dumb, after all. Just thinking here, but I recall seeing some little girls anklet socks several years back in a Sew Beautiful, that were smocked. YOu treat the ribs of the turn-down part of the sock, as pleats and smock on them. Now, I'm not sure this is possible with a t-neck but you might be able to do a tiny motif!!!!

Sara
HoltsSadie

Postby Karens Krafts » October 22nd, 2007, 8:40 am

Interesting thought Sara. I've trellised (is that a word) around socks just to give them color to match something. But a little (very little) picture might work also (heart?). Karen
Karens Krafts

Postby nonie » October 22nd, 2007, 8:56 am

As I recall Nancy did smocked socks as part of her fair entry. So why not ribbing on a turttle neck?
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Return to Website Reviews