FSL Ornaments

Machine Embroidery

Moderator: ShirleyC

Barbara Rose

FSL Ornaments

Post by Barbara Rose »

I made a bunch (87) assorted FSL ornaments for some good friends. These are a sampling. The ones on the black background have metallic thread accents. The others are just white snowflakes. The photo with the 3 snowflakes are close-ups of them. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
IMG_0708.jpg
IMG_0708.jpg (96.81 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
IMG_0706.jpg
IMG_0706.jpg (90.15 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
IMG_0701.jpg
IMG_0701.jpg (129.98 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
ShirleyC

Re: FSL Ornaments

Post by ShirleyC »

Wow! Those are gorgeous! A lot of stitching and a lot of thread!
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
KathyD

Post by KathyD »

What gorgeous ornaments!!! I cannot imagine stitching so many of them. :shock: Do you do this all year long? I'm sure that your tree is gorgeous.

Kathy
KarenVA

Post by KarenVA »

Soooooo pretty!!!! What do you use to hang them?
Hugs, Karen
Barbara Rose

Post by Barbara Rose »

Thanks for the lovely comments. I really like the snowflakes...they make me happy. Kathy, you asked if I do these all year, no but I am lucky to have 2 embroidery machines. I use a large hoop and put several designs in at once. I can do 8 snowflakes on the 6-needle so it saves time (and stabilizer). Depending on the number of stitches, each snowflakes takes only about 20 minutes; some do take a bit longer. For the ones with the metallic accents, I make sure I am right there with the machine to ensure the color I want to stitch. On the Brother Dream I usually hoop 4 at a time and I will do all of those in single color thread (usually white) because it's kind of hit or miss with the metallic thread, more so than the 6-needle. But I do have excellent luck with King Star metallics. Last year I stitched most of the month of October and actually made in excess of 500 snowflakes for family, friends and friends of family members. So often I hear "oh, these are so pretty...will you make some for..." It's hard to say "no." Jim told me I stitched a blizzard! Actually, Kathy, I don't have any for my tree. I give them all away. But Diane puts only these on her 12 foot tree and it is gorgeous. Her kitties like to "help" and these won't break. Karen, many of the designs have a loop sewn in for the tree hook, others have loops on the edges of the snowflake where a hook can be placed.
Luzenia

Post by Luzenia »

Very pretty! Where did you get the designs?

Luzenia
Barbara Rose

Post by Barbara Rose »

Thanks, Luzenia. Many of the designs are from the https://www.oregonpatchworks.com/embroi ... lection/AP site. It is "home" for many digitizers and I have collected from them over the years. Some of my favorites are Ace Points, Sweet Heirloom and Wind Bell, but there are FSL snowflakes at other OPW sites as well. I also have some from Embroidery Library, Urban Threads, From the Needle of Anne, Martha Pullen's Embroidery Club and others. On the OPW site, if you search for FSL snowflakes, the appropriate designs should come up. HTH.
Angela

Post by Angela »

WOW!!! These are amazing! And what beautiful and thoughtful gifts!
Angela Lee
Pooler, GA
JerryR

Post by JerryR »

Barbara, I'm with Jim! That first picture was a flurry itself! These are so beautiful and such a nice gift for you to give to your friends and relatives. I'm sure very few of them understand the time, materials, and expense of making these. But I'm sure they appreciate them just the same. You have been quite busy!