The long Winter

Reading books sharing books I have read
nonie

The long Winter

Post by nonie »

Hard to have a snow day and not want to pull out the book The long winter. written by Laura Ingalls wilder. I have been following her great granddaughter Laura Ingalls Gunn, fo a few years nw. she has a blgf called Decor to adore. She is a great designer and does the most wonderful fashion sewing, doing period sewing.
Her Christmas decorating is along the lines of the book "The longest Winter:
https://www.facebook.com/DecorToAdoreblog
the long winter..jpg
the long winter..jpg (83.04 KiB) Viewed 133343 times
nonie

Re: The long Winter

Post by nonie »

Lara has always called her grandma,we have been friends a long time and I am fine with her calling her grandma.
KathyD

Post by KathyD »

Is this an adult book or a book for children?

Kathy
ShirleyC

Post by ShirleyC »

Kathy, it's a child's book. I read all of these when I was in school, and then I re-read them all again as an adult. I've always loved the Little House series.
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
nonie

Post by nonie »

Kathy, it is a child's book. I especially like to re-read this book from the series because it shows such compassion for taking care of each other. In order to survive that winter, everyone had to count on everyone else for survival.
KarenVA

Post by KarenVA »

I love her books, too! I read all of them to our kids at bedtime! We especially loved the part when Ma made pancakes in the shape of butterflies and bears! So, we had to do that, too!!
Hugs, Karen
nonie

Post by nonie »

I think the story from the series that has stuck with me, is when they had to resort to burning twisted hay to have any kind of a fire.