Recipe request

Let's get cooking. You can't sew on an empty tummy
nonie

Recipe request

Post by nonie »

I am looking for a good crock pot candy, anyone have a favorite?
ShirleyC

Re: Recipe request

Post by ShirleyC »

I think we did some kind of fudge years ago, but we didn’t like it.
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
Luzenia

Post by Luzenia »

Crock Pot Candy. Large crockpot is required.

1-16 oz jar dry roasted salted peanuts.
1-16 oz UN-salted dry roasted peanuts.
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
1 bag milk chocolate chip morsels
2 bags peanut butter morsels
2 lbs. vanilla almond bark chopped into smaller pieces. If you cannot find the almond bark use 2 bags of white chocolate chip morsels.

1 bag caramel morsels (optional) DO NOT PUT IN CROCKPOT.

Layer the ingredients in the order listed. Set crockpot on low cover and let melt for 2 hours. Remove cover and stir well, cover again and wait an additional 10 minutes, stir again. Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper or parchment paper and allow to cool. This makes over 100 pieces. If desired place a few (4-5) caramel morsels on the wax paper and drop the spoonful of peanut candy on top of the caramel morsels to make a snickers bar type of candy.

Luzenia
Judy S

Post by Judy S »

I have seen and eaten the crockpot candy that Luzenia posted but never made it.

I have a friend who makes — and now so do i— something that comes out very similar. Melt the almond bark in the microwave stirring about 45 sec -1 min intervals until melted. Stir in salted dry roasted peatnuts and drop on parchment or wax paper. Randy loves this.

I also make The Pioneer Woman’s fudge.
In a saucepan put 1 bag chocolate chips and 1 can sweetened condenses milk. Cook on low heat stirring every few mins until the choc chips are melted. Pour in a buttered 8x8 dish and refrigerate over night. Add pecans or walmuts if desired. Top with crushed peppermint or coarse sea salt.

I also make peanut butter fudge in the microwave that Tripp loved and is easy. Also microwave peanut brittle that is delicious.
Have a blessed day,
Judy
nonie

Post by nonie »

Thank you both, those sound so good.