What I am going to do....

A place to share what we are working on or hope to be working on.

Moderator: ShirleyC

TinyDove

What I am going to do....

Post by TinyDove »

Morning all, I have a new little girl to sew for :D , and am looking forward to making some things for her for the summer. I just got a few new CC patterns...Ava, Frannie Baby, Katine, as well as Poppy, (has not come in yet) CC also has an adaption for the Poppy dress as well for a gathered skirt I would like to try, (anyone do it yet) that I want to make for her so any tips would be great from anyone that has sewn them. I did see on CC site an adapted version for the back of Ava to do a V back that I liked and might try. I also plan on doing a set from "Creations by Michie" # 110 which I have done before that I just love. I also spent the other day organizing all my patterns, so I know what I have for paper print and digital ones and came across a digital one by Evy Hawkins called the "Adorable Baby Girl Dress" it was in an issue of "Stitch Patterns Magazine, Spring 2015. It looks sweet and I thought I might do it with a beach theme. Has anyone ever seen Hawkins version or done the pattern? Here is a photo of her dress...
ep12842.jpg.optimal.jpg
ep12842.jpg.optimal.jpg (56.52 KiB) Viewed 10449 times
This is the cover of the issue I guess it was in. I do not have it but found I have a digital copy for the pattern which I do not remember getting... :lol:

Stitch2.jpg
Stitch2.jpg (33.69 KiB) Viewed 10449 times
Does anyone remember the issue or the dress? For the life of me I don't. :?
KathyD

Re: What I am going to do....

Post by KathyD »

Congratulations!!! I know you'll have fun sewing for that baby girl!!!

I'm not familiar with the dress, but it looks cute! I can't wait to see the pretty things that you come up with!

Kathy
emilyb

Post by emilyb »

I have not done this dress but a friend has done some of Evy Hawkins patterns and they are beautiful!! I have used many of her embroidery designs and her digitizing is impeccable. I would not hesitate to use any of her work and she is always very willing to answer questions.

Del
TinyDove

Post by TinyDove »

emilyb, Do you know if she has a website to her designs and patterns?

Kathy D. I also have your Prince and Princess Diaper shirt set and just LOVE IT. Do you also have the pattern in larger sizes say for 18 months? I would love to do the set for her. I just love the diaper cover without the elastic for the legs.
emilyb

Post by emilyb »

Here is her website:

https://abitofstitch.com/

Del
KathyD

Post by KathyD »

I added larger sizes to the diaper set a year or so ago and it now goes up to 24 mo. At that time, I offered an add-on for those that had already purchased it. I took that add-on down after 6 months because I had so many people purchasing it and then messaging me that they wanted ALL the sizes. I guess they saw the cheaper price and didn't read the title or description, which both said ADD ON. Ugh! Anyway, if you want the larger sizes, message me through Etsy and I can set up a private auction for you.

Kathy