Rocky road Fudge Bars

Let's get cooking. You can't sew on an empty tummy
nonie

Rocky road Fudge Bars

Post by nonie »

I really debated with myself about posting these as they are labor intensive but so good. My daughter won best of show at the fair with these. Also she makes these for all family get togethers.

Bar:
!/3 cup butter
! square unsweetened chocolate
! cup sugar
I cup flour
!/2 to ! cup chopped nuts
! tea vanilla
2 eggs
Filling:
8oz pkg cream cheese softened (reserve 2 oz. for frosting
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoon flour
1/4 cup butter softened
1 egg
1/2 teas vanilla
6 oz (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Frosting:
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1/4 cup butter
1 square (1 oz) unsweetened baking chocolate
2 0z reserved cream cheese 1/4 cup milk 3 cups powdered sugar
1 tea. vanilla
heat oven to 350 grease (not oil) and flour a 13x9 inch pan. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt 1/2 cup butter and 1 square chocolate. lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off. Add remaning bar ingredients, mix well.
spread in prepared pan. In a small bowl combine 6 ounces cream cheese with the next five filling ingredients and beat 1 minute at medium speed until smooth and fliffy, stil in the nuts. spread over chocolate mixture, sprinkle with choc, chips.
Bake 350 for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove from from oven, sprinkle with marshmallows and bake 2 minutes longer.
In a large sauce pan, over low heat melt 1/4 cup butter, 1 square chocolate, remaining 2 ounces of cream cheese and milk. stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Immediately pour over marshmallows and swirl together. cool cut into bars.
nonie

Re: Rocky road Fudge Bars

Post by nonie »

I will be making these this year and will post a picture and you will all want one. Can't make them to soon before company as I have a habit of "hogging" out on them.
nonie

Re: Rocky road Fudge Bars

Post by nonie »

Well I have them made, I did forget to pick up nuts, but they should be okay with no nuts.
rocky road fudge bars.jpg
rocky road fudge bars.jpg (86.49 KiB) Viewed 6369 times