Hello

Welcome to the forum. Please share your sewing and a little about yourself
Janet

Hello

Post by Janet »

I’ve been a member for a long time but since this forum started back up I’ve just been a lurker life just got in the way and My grandkids have outgrown mimi made clothes and I don’t sewfor myself,so I’ve felt like I really don’t have much to contribute. I do read what’s going on in your lives and feel I know you all.
I’m going to try and come to the coffee’s house and chat with you.
NancyFigur

Re: Hello

Post by NancyFigur »

Welcome back Janet! I too haven't been sewing as much (although I will be soon, but it won't be heirloom, it will be costumes for a production of Cinderella.

Glad you will be posting - looking forward to hearing about your days.

Nancy
Angela

Post by Angela »

Welcome back, Janet! Life is crazy right now for everyone I believe. Would love to catch up on what you've been doing.

Angela
Angela Lee
Pooler, GA
ShirleyC

Post by ShirleyC »

I'm so glad you came back to chat, Janet! I love reading about what other people do in their daily lives!
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
KathyD

Post by KathyD »

Welcome back!!! I'm glad to see that you're participating! I don't sew much for the grandkids either - they are now 8, 10, 10 & 12, so I have to be very selective about what I might sew. I haven't made the girls a dress in months.....

You don't have to sew to participate. Although, with all of the good ideas here, you might just want to sew something for the house or even for yourself. I've made myself a few things in the past couple years and have been happy with how they turned out.

Kathy
Janet

Post by Janet »

Thanks for welcoming me back!
Kathy my grandkids are 17,13,and 10. 2 boys and a girl. I do sew home Dec for my house sometimes but not my favorite. I made a slipcover for my living room sofa during covid shut down.
nonie

Post by nonie »

Welcome back! so glad to see you. I know about the kids outgrowing stuff. They do ask for the cozy sleep pants and once in awhile they want t-shirts for their kids. I have a daughter in law that keeps requests, she especially loves placemats, so I am trying to do cute ones for her.
I miss smocking and lace sewing so much that I am once again going to do the wee care and NICU sewing. Also, because of Hubbys condition I am doing more sitting the I like to do and hand sewing keeps me busy.

Looking forward to your visits in the coffee house.
JerryR

Post by JerryR »

Janet, dear friend, it is so good to see you back among us. I have missed you! My sewing days are becoming limited as well. But I do hope to get some Wee Care gowns started in the new year. My girls really enjoy drawing outlandish designs and asking me to make them. Maybe I need to send them to Nancy since they seem more like costumes than what my skill set can do!! :P