Inspirations

Discussion about interior decorating

Inspirations

Postby nonie » July 26th, 2016, 5:01 pm

Where do you find your inspiration? One of my favorite blogs always seem to keep me inspired and that one is
http://bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

One of her latest posts was on copy cat decorating, where you find a picture from some a magazine or probably even a blog and you copy it with what you already own. Have any of you ever tried this kind of inspiration? If so, tell us all about it.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Re: Inspirations

Postby niener » July 26th, 2016, 7:02 pm

I need lots of inspiration in home decorating. I have decided after 22 years of my red/green/gold color scheme that it is time to redo. I have not liked the all white or gray and white color schemes of the past 4 or 5 years, but the beige/linen color with off-white is beginning to appeal to me. I can't manage all one color decorating. I thrive on color. So I need to start examining places like this to sort of reign in my focus. Thanks, Nonie!
Jerry

A smile is a light in the window of your face to show your heart is at home.
Anonymous
niener

Postby nonie » August 4th, 2016, 10:16 am

Have been looking at magazines and places on line and black and white seem to be very popular. so as of now those seem to be the colors I think will work in my bedroom and bathroom. Would you do both bathrooms in the same color ways?

How about your sewing rooms? Do you take space to add some decorative items?
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby NancyF » August 4th, 2016, 3:26 pm

If you all haven't used the website Houzz then you might want to try it. I couldn't have redecorated without it.

It was a free source for all things decorating and colors and furniture etc. There was a forum type thing to ask questions and I got such great responses from electricians and plumbers and painters just willing to give advice for free.

You could click on something in a picture of a room and it would show you the exact paint color or name brand of a light fixture.

Plus, it was fun.

Oldest DD is redecorating the house she bought at Christmas. It was very dated and she is doing lots of work. She just painted some of the window woodwork black. It doesn't sound great but it looks fantastic. She also did her powder room walls black on top with white beadboard on the bottom half. It looks beautiful. The painter wasn't sure but did what she wanted and then he was taking pictures to show other clients.

Our downstairs is done but some of our upstairs needs to be updated a bit color wise . I just have to get inspired.

Nancy F.
NancyF

Return to Interior Decorating