The first peek

Discussion about interior decorating

The first peek

Postby nonie » March 1st, 2016, 2:00 pm

This is not to bad, maybe paint it? but it will stay, so i thought I would give a clue.

cabinet1.jpg
cabinet1.jpg (105.39 KiB) Viewed 648 times
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Re: The first clue

Postby nonie » March 1st, 2016, 2:01 pm

That is a bad picture, doesn't look that bad in the files.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby nana judy » March 1st, 2016, 3:23 pm

I think it looks pretty good.
Judy
nana judy

Postby NancyF » March 1st, 2016, 7:30 pm

I like it!
NancyF

Re: The first peek

Postby grammynan » March 1st, 2016, 8:47 pm

I like it Nonie.

Nancy
grammynan

Postby Rosieq » March 1st, 2016, 8:56 pm

I think it will work. If you have to change that accent color to something that works with your black and red dining/kitchen accents, you could do a nice gray where the blue is very easily. Someone has done the work of covering the paneling look...that is the hard part. If that is what has happened.

I think it looks comfortable with the little desk near the table. I have a writing desk near my dining table and always spread out onto the table......

Linda
Linda

Life is a garden, Good friends are the flowers,
And times spent together, Life's happiest hours.....

http://pinterest.com/intherosegarden/
http://www.linda-thisnthatintherosegarden.blogspot.com/
Rosieq

Postby nonie » March 1st, 2016, 9:05 pm

Linda, that is not my furniture. The house still has all her furniture in it. We won't move in until April 1 if all the closing goes smooth, we already had one snag but think that is cleared up.

Glad I shared a peek.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby Rosieq » March 1st, 2016, 10:10 pm

Nonie, I Think,I meant but didn't say....with the desk there, it looks like it is a comfortable sized area for the table....and, I don't use my desk...just spread the desk contents onto the table.

I hope glitches go away and stay away....when will,you be putting your home on sale? I would have to get it emptied out first!

P
Linda

Life is a garden, Good friends are the flowers,
And times spent together, Life's happiest hours.....

http://pinterest.com/intherosegarden/
http://www.linda-thisnthatintherosegarden.blogspot.com/
Rosieq

Postby niener » March 10th, 2016, 7:43 am

Nonie, I love the built-in. It gives you so many options. I'm not really an "outside the box" kind of thinker, but with a unit like this, that space could be used in many different ways. For a dining room, you could use it to display your china and crystal in the cabinet sections, and use the center area as a sort of buffet for serving. My sis-in-laws are experts in home décor. They would use that space for appetizers for a family gathering so people could graze while the preparations for dinner were being finished in the kitchen. You could change out your day-to-day accents by the season and keep that end of the room fresh with current décor. I love the color it is now, but you can, as Linda said, change out the accent wall to be whatever color you choose. For me, the soft color would be a more welcome sight than a bold color; so with your black, white, red scheme, maybe a soft gray would work? If you chose to relocate your dining table to another spot in the room, that could also be a beautiful spot for a small flat screen TV with maybe a love seat and a chair and ottoman for a cozy sitting room. Or perhaps you could use two club chairs and a shared ottoman. But you KNOW what I see!! How perfect would that be for your sewing area???? Can't you just see your lovely fabrics folded on some of the shelves with pretty fabric baskets arranged in there with all of your notions? Oooo, fantastic!! Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your new home! Good luck with figuring everything out - I know it will be just perfect when you finish!
Jerry

A smile is a light in the window of your face to show your heart is at home.
Anonymous
niener

Return to Interior Decorating