Knit Panel

Discussion about interior decorating

Knit Panel

Postby angelalee511 » April 17th, 2017, 9:26 am

I hope to get pictures when these are hung just to see how they behave. This is one of those that we have to wait and see. Side note: I absolutely loved my table for this project.

The focus fabric is knit, but the lining is cotton. The cotton lining helped tremendously but still not enough to keep the knit from shifting. I used a walking foot too. When you have that much of two different fabrics, it just doesn't behave.
IMG_4524.JPG
IMG_4524.JPG (86.95 KiB) Viewed 316 times

This is the wrong side. You can see where the focus fabric shifted slightly on one lower corner. It's impossible to lay that fabric out and keep if from pulling. I was very, very careful with how much I moved it. You can't tug like you can with cotton. My focus was to keep the knit fabric as square as possible. No on will see the lining. The white you see underneath is the cotton I added to create a hem in the knit. This actually gave some stability to the bottom of the treatment. I hope that it and the cotton lining will allow it to hang pretty.
IMG_4525.JPG
IMG_4525.JPG (59.61 KiB) Viewed 316 times

I don't recommend using knit for window treatments, but if you must, I can give you a couple of helpful hints.
angelalee511

Re: Knit Panel

Postby KarenVA » October 10th, 2017, 12:09 pm

What a neat idea! Do you have any pics of them hanging yet?
KarenVA
"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa
KarenVA

Postby angelalee511 » October 11th, 2017, 3:10 am

file.jpeg
file.jpeg (36.97 KiB) Viewed 150 times

file1.jpeg
file1.jpeg (33.98 KiB) Viewed 150 times

I thought I posted the hung treatments. Oops! Here they are Karen. Mom took these and sent them to me.
angelalee511

Postby Karens Krafts » October 11th, 2017, 5:27 am

I love them!! But can’t imagine working with all that length of knit fabric. You did a wonderful job.
Karen
Karens Krafts

Postby nonie » October 11th, 2017, 9:17 am

Those look so nice. I am happy to see a picture, I was going to ask for one :D
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby KarenVA » October 12th, 2017, 7:28 am

They look great!!! Nice and even!!

I misunderstood what you were doing originally--I thought these were going to be put on a stretcher frame and hung on the wall--like wall art!! Knit fabric for curtains is even harder to work with!! You did a great job for your mom!!
KarenVA
"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa
KarenVA

Return to Interior Decorating