Girl Scout Uniforms

Discussion About Dolls and Doll Clothes

Girl Scout Uniforms

Postby Jenny Jo » December 30th, 2016, 3:38 pm

These are my very awesome Girl Scout uniforms, mostly designed by Genine. :love: The doll on the left is wearing the Alana blouse by Genniewren and the free Twirls for Girls Reversible Skirt by YouCanMakeThis.com. The sash pattern piece was found online in a google doc, but I don't know the original source. Kirsten's sash was sewn with 1/4" seams, and I think it hangs off the shoulder a bit too much.

The doll on the right is wearing a green jumper that I drafted based on Genine's A-Line Experiments Dress. This doll's sash was sewn with 3/8" seams which I think are the deepest one could go and still have room to display two badges abreast.

Here are some closeups of the super-duper, amazingly fantastic and completely addictive GS badges (for sale in Genine's Etsy shop):

Image Image

We chose 25 and 45 for troop numbers because Joy is the second child out of five and Noel is the fourth child out of five. Our badge colors have no theme whatsoever; we just picked colors that were pleasing. Joy's, of course, are all blue. Did you see that covered wagon? Genine designed that one just because I asked her to. *swoon* The back of Kirsten's is blank. But the back of Caroline's is:

Can you tell which of my daughters is the indecisive one?! :rotflo: I had to nix two of her chosen badges in order to leave the space over the shoulder blank, and she let me have it! :wink:
Jenny Jo
Jenny Jo

Re: Girl Scout Uniforms

Postby niener » December 30th, 2016, 3:54 pm

Jenny Jo, these are totally AWESOME! Kudos to Genine for designing these and the patterns you could use to make uniforms!!! I know your girls are over the moon excited about these!!
Jerry

A smile is a light in the window of your face to show your heart is at home.
Anonymous
niener

Postby KathyD » December 30th, 2016, 5:58 pm

Amazing GS clothes for the dolls!!! The badges look fabulous! Great job on sorting out the patterns to use as well as the sash. :)

Kathy
KathyD

Postby KarenVA » December 30th, 2016, 6:08 pm

Wonderful!! I love the outfits!!!
KarenVA
"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa
KarenVA

Postby jsm » December 31st, 2016, 7:42 am

Those are fabulous! They bring back so many memories of my own GS days!

Genine's patterns and designs and your sewing and imagination are perfect partners! Kudos to both of you! Thanks for sharing!
Jan M.
jsm

Postby Karens Krafts » December 31st, 2016, 8:15 am

Those are just the cutest scout uniforms! I bet your girls were thrilled.
Karen
Karens Krafts

Postby genniewren » December 31st, 2016, 9:01 am

Jenny Jo, you have outdone yourself here. Those uniforms are awesome. They'd be perfect even without all the patches!
I know that Joy put a lot of work into embroidering the patches, so I hope she is really thrilled with the uniforms.

Thank you so much for the kick to get these done, and for testing the embroidery files for me. :)
genniewren

Postby angelalee511 » January 2nd, 2017, 5:42 pm

WOW! Those are fantastic Jenny Jo. That was a lot of work. Very well done!
angelalee511

Return to Hello Dolly