EASY CHOCOLATE PIE

Let's get cooking. You can't sew on an empty tummy
JerryR

EASY CHOCOLATE PIE

Post by JerryR »

This Easy Chocolate Pie is so simple but decadent. And yet not overly sweet. You only need 5 pantry ingredients for the filling and 5 minutes of prep. The hardest part is waiting for it to be done baking!

Prep Time: 5 min. Cook Time: 55 min. Cool: 1 hr. Total Time: 2 hrs.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt*
2 large eggs
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
5 ounce can evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract*
9" pie crust, homemade or store bought
whipped cream or Cool Whip for serving

*these are the two ingredients I added after making it for the first time. They really helped the flavor in our opinion.

Instructions:
1.Preheat oven to 350°
2.In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoas powder, and salt.'
3.In a 2 cup measuring cup whisk together the eggs, milk, and slightly cooled butter.
4.Pour batter into the pie crust and bake for about 50-55 minutes or until the filling sets and there is a thin crust on the top. (It might be slightly
jiggly in the center, but that's okay. As it sits and cools, it will set up more.)
5.Remove from oven and let cool for at least 1-2 hours.
6.Slice and serve with a little whipped cream and chocolate shavings, or Cool Whip.

NOTE: Within 5 hours of taking the pie from the oven, the pie should then be placed in the refrigerator. Cover loosely with plastic wrap until serving. Pie may be refrigerated for up to 3 days.

This recipe was found on https://bellyfull.net/easy-chocolate-pie/
nonie

Re: EASY CHOCOLATE PIE

Post by nonie »

Oh, thank you so much, I need a couple of items, which are going on my shopping list right now.
You used unsalted butter and added salt, would you need to add salt if you used salted butter.
Judy S

Post by Judy S »

Thank you Jerry. I plan to try this.
Have a blessed day,
Judy
JerryR

Post by JerryR »

nonie wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:28 pm Oh, thank you so much, I need a couple of items, which are going on my shopping list right now.
You used unsalted butter and added salt, would you need to add salt if you used salted butter.
Nonie, probably not. I always buy unsalted butter, so that’s probably why I thought it needed a little salt. Smart cookie!