H_E_L_P

We all make mistakes and have mishaps while sewing. This is a place to share those 'oops'. Did you do a great save?
Need help to save an item?

H_E_L_P

Postby nonie » April 30th, 2008, 3:12 pm

This should tell you how I feel. :shock: :hair: :thud: :sob: I had a dress I had just finished smocking and was in the sewing together part. When, by accident, Zoe cut into the dress. It made a little V about half way down the front and 2" from the side seam.

She said she was :sorry: and doesn't know how it happened :noidea: I was not angry aty her, it was an accident. But now

HOW DO I FIX IT??????
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Re: H_E_L_P

Postby Rettabug » April 30th, 2008, 3:55 pm

Oh Nonie....I feel your pain!!!

Nicole & I both have had this happen & we were talking about how to fix it just the other day. We each ironed on a little sq. of fusible interfacing to give the back stability. I also used some "Liquid Stitch" from Joann's on the top of the cut. It makes it a wee bit stiff but not like Fray Check would do. It goes on looking like milky white...sort of like Elmer's glue, but then dries clear. It bonds very strongly!

Good luck with your repair. :luck: I didn't get the impression from your post that it was cut in the smocked area. If that is the case, someone more experienced with that area will have to advise you. :cry:
Rettabug

Postby nonie » April 30th, 2008, 4:37 pm

Thank you Retta, that will work. No thank goodness it wasn't in the smocked area, and is off to the side of the dress.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby GaGa » April 30th, 2008, 5:59 pm

Or could you run a ribbon trim around the dress? Or a tuck to hide it maybe?? DGD cut into a little sundress not too long ago when she was cutting out some 'fabwic.' I was able to applique over since it was just a play dress. Good luck and I can't wait to see what you decide!!!

Barbara
GaGa

Return to Oops - Dang It!