I could just cry!!

We all make mistakes and have mishaps while sewing. This is a place to share those 'oops'. Did you do a great save?
Need help to save an item?

I could just cry!!

Postby Rettabug » November 27th, 2007, 1:31 pm

I am soooo bummed, I could cry!! I've just been trying to put together the MP ice skate jumper. I could NOT get the lining to match up to the outsides for pinning. I went & got the pattern back out, thinking I had cut the lining wrong. Nope....they were perfect.

BUT.....The FRONT of the jumper was cut out of the back's pattern. So I did ALL THAT applique embroidery of the ice skates & glue on diamonds on a back piece. I have 2 back pieces & no front piece. I could just cry!!! :sob:

I turned the machine & lights off, closed the door & gave up. I guess there was a reason I was avoiding working on it, after all. :(

I think later on, I will cut another lining piece from the back pattern, sew it together with the other back lining piece & TRY to make it work with the 2 backs of blue velvet. The shoulders will not fasten the same way & hopefully the front edge will be low enough to still work under her chin. Grrrrr!!!! I know I was stressed when I was doing it & I shouldn't work on stuff when my mind is half occupied. I don't pay close attention.

Cripe, I've only made about 10 of these ....you'd think I could do them in my sleep!!!!
Rettabug

Postby oMA56 » November 27th, 2007, 1:42 pm

Oh, Retta I know how you feel. I make A lot of mistakes when I am tired. I just put it away and try it again later. It's the only thing to do. I have never tried to make a jumper with two backs, so I don't know how it will work. but it can't hurt to try.
oMA56

Location: baby lock Ellageo & BNT10 (Enterprise) North Carolina

Postby GamGam » November 27th, 2007, 4:52 pm

Retta, I'm sooo sorry to hear of your problem with the jumper. Now that you've had a little time to think about it, have you found a solution? Since there's no seam in the back or front, Katrina's suggestion sounds do-able to me. I don't want you to lose all the work on the appliqué.
GamGam

Postby SewingForAll » November 27th, 2007, 5:50 pm

I hope the suggestion works that you can lay the front over it and cut it out. That would be great! If it doesn't work, then using the applique on another project would at least save part of your hard work.

I sure hope it works out for you!!!!
SewingForAll

Postby Hettielynn » November 27th, 2007, 9:06 pm

I also think Katrinka's suggestion will work. I just laid out one that I have cut out and the front fits perfectly on the back. A front could be cut perfectly from the back piece. Better to have 2 backs than 2 fronts!
Hettielynn

Postby nonie » November 27th, 2007, 11:28 pm

sounds like you have gotten some very good suggestions. I just know you will save that little dress. It is going to be darling and know one will ever know.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby Smockette » November 28th, 2007, 5:05 am

Oh, Rett, how disheartening! I also thought of Katrinka's solution. Go at it today with fresh perspective. I know you can fix this.

Bunny
Smockette

Re: I could just cry!!

Postby grammylou » September 14th, 2008, 10:54 am

I just saw this post and now I'm dying to know whatever happened to this little dress?? Were you able to save it? Laurie
Laurie
grammylou

Postby Rettabug » September 27th, 2008, 4:36 am

I just saw YOUR question, Grammylou & yes, I was able to save this one. I did exactly as Katrinka suggested & it worked perfectly.

It is one of her favorites & I hope it still fits her this winter. :luck:

Poor baby...you can tell she had a cold when this picture was taken. ~sniff~sniff~
Rettabug

Postby grammylou » September 29th, 2008, 6:33 am

Oh, Rettabug! That is sooo cute! I'm so happy you were able to save it! :D No wonder that dress is a favorite, I just love it! Laurie
Laurie
grammylou

Postby Ann Marie » September 29th, 2008, 7:40 am

Oh she's a little ice princess! Love the dress - glad it worked out well!
Ann Marie

Return to Oops - Dang It!