my boo boo

We all make mistakes and have mishaps while sewing. This is a place to share those 'oops'. Did you do a great save?
Need help to save an item?

my boo boo

Postby golleewhopper » June 29th, 2010, 5:47 am

I was in a rush about a month ago making some outfits before we went on vacation on June 4th..

I had to do 4 summer outfits for my granddaughter to wear down on the beach and several others that I sold while working 40+ hrs at the daycare. but anyways heres my goof...

my daughters boyfriend likes the Dallas cowboys?? ( I'm not a sport person so keep that in mind) so off I go to the fabric store to buy material for a pillowcase dress to surprise them.. (I made my granddaughter a 49ers outfit before she was born for her real daddy.... long story don't ask) but anyway the boyfriend saw it and said nooo we have to have a cowboys outfit.

I managed to find the material and even bought the right one.. ( I usually buy way more material than I need but since going on vacation I tried saving money and bought just enought that I would need ) I worked all day and came home to make the outfit.

I was up half the night making this dress and bloomers including embroidering the bloomers, not paying attention I took pictures put it up on facebook and left for work... well later on I get a text from my daughter stating that the outfit looks great she loves the bloomers but the material on the dress is UPSIDE DOWN!!!! yep and I was out of material...

Luckily it was a pillowcase dress so I managed to cut off just below the armholes and turn it right side up and do the top on the correct side... Luckily I was making it sorta long so when I trimmed it off it hit mid way on the bloomers and turned into a long shirt for her...

She is due again in October so I'll be making another outfit for the soon to be baby so next time I plan on buying extra material to do 2 outfits and extra to fixed my goofs.
Barb
golleewhopper

Re: my boo boo

Postby Hettielynn » June 29th, 2010, 6:16 am

LOL, Barb, we've all made goofs. Thank goodness we can laugh and learn from our own and others. Thankfully you were able to turn yours around (pun intended!). Recently, I was being so careful to cut the one way lining fabric and ruffles for the ruffle front dress in the June challenge. Even carefully cutting and knowing that it was a directional fabric I ended up cutting the lining different from the ruffles on the front. Since they are on different sides of the garment and the fabric could go either way I don't think it will be noticed by anyone but me.
Hettie Lynn
Hettielynn

Postby KathyD » June 29th, 2010, 6:37 am

Good save! We've all done things like that. :P that's why I don't sew after 9pm - the brain gets fuzzy. :rotflo: :rotflo: :rotflo:

Kathy
KathyD

Postby MakeItSew » July 12th, 2010, 11:44 am

Excellent save! I might have been tempted to say it's upside down on purpose so that the little girl will see it the correct way when she looks down! :P
Belle
MakeItSew

Postby nonie » July 12th, 2010, 3:12 pm

Great save, usually when I do the upside down thing, I have to live with it.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Return to Oops - Dang It!