Ahhhhhh Rats!!!!!!!

We all make mistakes and have mishaps while sewing. This is a place to share those 'oops'. Did you do a great save?
Need help to save an item?

Ahhhhhh Rats!!!!!!!

Postby aubie » May 6th, 2009, 8:38 pm

I am so mad at myself for making this silly mistake! I'm sewing three dresses for a wedding (they are for children). I was on the very last dress and I sewed the buttonholes on the wrong side :twisted: . It would not have been a big deal but it has a placket which complicated everything plus I had already serged it. Ok, so, deep breath, believe it or not, I did get the skirt off of the bodice. I'm going to reverse the placket on the skirt and sew it back on......tomorrow. I have several other projects on a deadline and i got in too big of a hurry, I think. Thanks for letting me share my frustration! :roll:
aubie

Re: Ahhhhhh Rats!!!!!!!

Postby nonie » May 8th, 2009, 12:09 pm

Ellen, I hope everything is all better now. I hate when I mess up!!
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby sewmuchstyle » May 8th, 2009, 7:49 pm

I remember when I began sewing and I had made a mistake, I took the entire piece and threw it in the garbage ad started all over again!
Your Talent is GOD'S Gift to You!
What you do with it is Your Gift to GOD!

Way down south in Louisiana
Robin ~ sewmuchstyle
http://www.myspace.com/sewmuchstylellc
www.myspace.com/myladyvantel
sewmuchstyle

Postby aubie » May 10th, 2009, 7:25 pm

Thanks for the encouragement! I did get all of the outfits finished, thank goodness! The hems are not as deep as they need to be, but the woman I was sewing them for didn't buy enough fabric. I barely eeked out what I got. The pattern she picked out wasn't supposed to have a turned hem, it was meant to have madeira applique on the bottom and she didn't take that into account when buying the fabric. At this point, I'm just so glad to have the outfits done! I'm going to try to post pics tomorrow before I send them off. I've got two more dresses to sew this week for someone else and then I'm going to start on some stuff for my own children. I need some no pressure, fun sewing for a while! My DS saw some fabric that I bought for him and his brother and got so excited that I was going to do something for him. He just makes my day sometimes :)
aubie

Return to Oops - Dang It!