Some call them wadders

We all make mistakes and have mishaps while sewing. This is a place to share those 'oops'. Did you do a great save?
Need help to save an item?

Some call them wadders

Postby nonie » October 11th, 2016, 1:07 pm

I am going to put this in the Oops column because I am sure we have had more wadders then we can to share: so what was the worst thing you ever did as far as sewing mistakes? You do not need to share a picture in fact I bet there are no pictures :rotflo: So I don't feel so all alone please share.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Re: Some call them wadders

Postby nonie » October 11th, 2016, 1:09 pm

The most recent mistake I have done is to try to use stickie stabilizer to embroider towels. I was able to remove most of it using alcohol. A good lesson to learn :roll:
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby Karens Krafts » October 12th, 2016, 7:08 am

Mine would be some lovely wool I bought to make the girls jumpers. The skirt was to be pleats, pressed sharp edge pleats. So I pleated that fabric, and steamed those pleats and............shrank the wool out of shape, and size. (Expensive wool no less)
Karen
Karens Krafts

Postby KathyD » October 12th, 2016, 9:31 am

my latest wadder is a simple a-line dress. I had a "vision" when I designed the dress, however, when I drafted it, I didn't sort out the back opening properly. So, there's buttons on the yoke, but no placket underneath. :rotflo: :rotflo: :rotflo: Oh well - at least it wasn't expensive fabric. After that mistake, I finished up the rest of the dress with no seam finishes and only one sleeve - no need to get fancy if it's going to be tossed! Hahaha!!!!

Kathy
KathyD

Postby jsm » October 12th, 2016, 5:58 pm

I have way too many to list!
For every thing finished lately, there has been at least one other thing pushed to the back of the closet or tossed in the trash. :oops:
I still have one completely finished yoke dress, with a slash in the skirt, hanging in my sewing room. Trying to decide whether to whack it off to top length and make coordinating pants, or try to fix the skirt.

Jan M.
jsm

Postby peacechick » October 22nd, 2016, 6:07 pm

Even Kathy makes mistakes, so I don't feel so bad. I think the most slap-my-forehead mistake I ever made was sewing the sleeves of a dress in upside-down. That's what happens when I sew past the point of mental and physical fatigue. I just put it away for the night and dealt with the problem in the morning. Thankfully, I realized the mistake before I'd trimmed and finished the seams!!
Vanessa, mother to James (37), Sarah (34), Aaron (33), Adam (29) and David (27)
peacechick

Postby angelalee511 » October 24th, 2016, 8:10 am

My most recent was not buying enough fabric for my Mary De. I added a contrast band to the bottom and used a solid black for the lining to make it work. Not my idea - it was Kathy's. But that's why I love having this group.
angelalee511

Postby peacechick » November 2nd, 2016, 11:12 am

Angela,

I've done the same when I decide to use a fabric from my stash and find I'm a little short--a way to "make it work" whether the shortage is a boo-boo or otherwise.
Vanessa, mother to James (37), Sarah (34), Aaron (33), Adam (29) and David (27)
peacechick

Return to Oops - Dang It!