GF Chocolate Cupcakes

Have a favorite recipe you would like to share?

GF Chocolate Cupcakes

Postby angelalee511 » May 8th, 2014, 7:21 am

Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes from The Daily Green

These things are fantastic! You'd never know they were gluten free. They are the best cupcakes I've ever tasted. I've used gluten free pantry chocolate cake mix, and tomorrow I'll use Pamela's chocolate cake mix. I made these at Thanksgiving. They are to die for!! Don't overcook them though. They'll be extremely dry. Cook them until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. I actually like them better when there is a smidge of batter on the toothpick. Enjoy! Oh, and I've used a coffee filter to strain the coffee grounds. I've also used paper towels. You can also use cheese cloth. Cheese cloth is by far the best.

SERVINGS
16 Cupcakes

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
1 package Bob's Red Mill gluten-free chocolate cake mix
2/3 cup applesauce (you can make you own, if you wish)
1/3 cup milk (this works with soy or rice milk too) I use almond milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice (however, we were out, and used apple cider vinegar)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup hot water (110)
2 tablespoons vanilla extract

PREPARATIONS
1.Preparing for baking. Preheat the oven to 350. Bring all the ingredients to room temperature. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.

2.Making the batter. In the bowl of the stand mixer, start beating the butter until it is creamy. Add the cake mix, the applesauce, the milk, the lemon juice, and the eggs. Beat at low speed for 30 seconds, scraping down the sides when necessary. Raise the speed to low-medium and let it run for another moment. Add the hot water and the vanilla extract. Run the mixer for one more minute, scraping down the sides.

3.Baking the cupcakes. Carefully spoon the cupcake batter into the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the cupcakes. (In our oven, the regular-sized cupcakes took 17 minutes, the jumbo ones 20 minutes.) Allow them to cool in the cupcake tin for 10 minutes. Transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack and let them sit for another 20 minutes before eating. (I know. That's hard. But trust me.)

Coffee-Chocolate Ganache Frosting

INGREDIENTS
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon strong coffee grounds
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 ounces good dark chocolate

PREPARATIONS
1.Bring the cream, coffee grounds, and vanilla extract to a boil. Take them off the heat as soon as they boil. Allow them to steep for half an hour. Strain.

2.Break the chocolate into pieces and put into a bowl. Bring the cream back to a boil. Pour over the chocolate pieces. This will melt the chocolate. Stir until it is smooth.

3.Lavish the cupcake as fully as you wish with the ganache.

Oh darn, you'll have some ganache left over. You'll have to figure out something to do with that.
Photo Credit: Shauna James Ahern

Read more: http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-ea ... z0aYJmBK2c
angelalee511

Re: GF Chocolate Cupcakes

Postby KathyD » May 8th, 2014, 12:21 pm

These sound delicious! Thanks for the recipe and the review of them. :D

Kathy
KathyD

Return to Recipes