Finca perle cotton

A place to share links to those sites from which one feels she has received exceptional service. This forum is not intended as a place to vent. Lets keep things positive.

Finca perle cotton

Postby Karens Krafts » September 29th, 2008, 12:54 pm

Have a pattern I'm going to make, and was looking for odd size perle cotton. Got the loveliest note back from the lady there. Thought I'd share it with you:

I carry the sz 16 Finca perl cotton because it is fabulous for detail work on quilts and embroidery. My mother used it for projects that are shown on the link on my site on the Presencia page. She did decorative work on the wool she used with the patterns. She remarked that she liked it because it didn’t fray or lose its twist when working with it. She did stitches with it that turned out beautiful. It is also dye fast and bleach fast, which is great for red work or quilt work or embroidery work. Some of the other brands do bleed and that can be a problem if you wash your product. I have used the sz 16 Finca Perl Cotton to quilt with and also ran it through my sewing machine for quilting ( sz 16 topstitch needle) and decorative work. I just had to change the tension to accommodate it. I put the ball of perl cotton in a bowl and let it roll freely and it was great when I did it on machine. I also loved how it worked on my quilting because it gave strength and color to my quilting. Something that other threads would not give me. Plus it goes through a sz 10 large eye needle. Also I do carry some sets of Mouline which is the embroidery floss that is also dye fast and bleach fast. I would be glad to offer any info and help if needed to those who would ask. mail@sunlightcottage.com anyone ordering through this site www.sunlightcottage.com that mentions Karen and the sewing board site will get a free “colonial pocket” pattern. It is a great pocket to use for all your sewing supplies while you are working and can be decorated with the patterns included or with your own designs. It was technically the first “purse” women used.
Karens Krafts

Return to Website Reviews