Custom sized cutting mat?

Learning and sharing the art of quilt making

Custom sized cutting mat?

Postby angelalee511 » November 21st, 2017, 8:53 am

I have one that I ordered somewhere out west years ago, and I've never liked it. But I kept it because is was so expensive and custom so couldn't be returned.

I need a 48x60 self healing mat. There used to be a place in Atlanta but they have since merged with Wawak and no longer have the custom sizes.

I need a source. There are several online but I have no idea how good they are, and I don't want to make the same mistake I made the first time around.
angelalee511

Re: Custom sized cutting mat?

Postby Karens Krafts » November 21st, 2017, 9:13 am

The one I have was bought at a Craft Fair. It’sf White with blue lines. Love it! I also bought one of the ones JoAnns sold, and never like it. Could you describe it?
Karen
Karens Krafts

Re: Custom sized cutting mat?

Postby angelalee511 » November 21st, 2017, 9:32 am

The one I have now is white with blue lines. I don't like it for several reasons. It is not self healing and fabric snags on the cuts in the mat, white fabric is difficult to see on the white background of the mat, and it's hard to keep clean.

I'm thinking I want one of those green/black self healing mats. I've been thinking about it though and wonder if I really need one that large. I have the table top covered anyway so I guess it could be smaller. Hmmmm.....
angelalee511

Return to Quilting