Plastic fabric?

Want more information about a certain fabric? Or what fabric will work for certain projects.

Plastic fabric?

Postby flytootall » December 3rd, 2007, 5:53 pm

Does anyone remember the "paper" dolls where the doll was plastic and the clothes just stuck onto the doll? I thought this would be good to use for furniture placement, instead of moving furniture back and forth. I know there are places that sell magnetic boards with little magnetic furniture pieces, but they cost $125. Has anyone ever seen this type of plastic sold anywhere? I've seen the clear plastic at Walmart (different thicknesses), but I've never seen the colored plastic.

Linda
flytootall

Postby Smockette » December 16th, 2007, 5:22 pm

Weren't these "Colorforms"? Those didn't use magnets, just sticking power.

Bunny
Smockette

Postby Karens Krafts » December 16th, 2007, 5:39 pm

Try looking in the Yellow Pages under 'plastic'. We have a store S&H Plastic, that carries lots of different kinds. Bottles, 1/4 thick sheets, bags, etc. Karen
Karens Krafts

Postby flytootall » December 16th, 2007, 6:20 pm

Yes, they were Colorforms!! Thank you!! I couldn't remember that for the life of me. I found some thick plastic at Joann's and used my 50% off coupon. I got the tinted one and cut out a large sheet (the room size) and cut out all the furniture I plan to put in that room. Now I can easily move the pieces around and figure out where to have outlets installed in the floor. It works great.
flytootall

Return to Fabric Analysis