What lining to use?

Want more information about a certain fabric? Or what fabric will work for certain projects.

What lining to use?

Postby Rettabug » November 4th, 2007, 12:04 am

It's the middle of the night here & I am WIDE AWAKE!! :shock:

Yesterday, I got the front & back of an MP jumper cut out of some pretty icey blue fine wale corduroy that is stretchy!! I didn't realize it had the stretch when I bought it....I fell in love with the color & the softness.

Unfortunately, I failed to buy enough to line the jumper with the same fabric. I forgot that Caroline has grown & now needs a bigger size, thus more fabric with each cutting.

What do you experts suggest I use to line this dress?
I have LOTS of cottons. I'm just worried about combining something with stretch to it with something that does not give, like cotton.

Should I just bite the bullet & go BACK to Jo-Ann's & buy more of this same fabric?

Thanks for any advice. I have not worked with stretchy fabrics for a looooong time....like 30 some years! :roll:
Rettabug

Postby SewingForAll » November 4th, 2007, 12:12 am

Well, I'm wide awake too, Retta!!

I'll be waiting for an answer to this question also. I can't believe how much I have learned since I joined this group.

If there is a question asked there will be at least one person that will respond with an answer.

My DS and DDIL loved the Star Wars shirts I made for the twins. I'm so happy because I already had them a TN orange gingham shirt cut out...LOL. Now, I need to get the baby a longall cut out in the same fabric.

Just thought I would say hi. Hope you get sleepy soon, well at least we get an extra hour tonight...LOL.....Angie
SewingForAll

Postby Rettabug » November 4th, 2007, 12:16 am

I noticed you were online, Angie....don't ya' just love nights like this??? I'll be scheduling a Sunday afternoon nap, fer shure! *yawn*
Rettabug

Postby SewingForAll » November 4th, 2007, 12:34 am

I'm usually up until 1:00 or 2:00 every night. But last night I went to bed at 10:30 and slept until 10:30 this AM, only got up then because my DS called, he does that often...LOL. When he called tonight, I told him that I was going to sleep late tomorrow and that I would talk to him tomorrow afternoon. But I'll be up by 10:30 for church.

It seems that fabric and RTW have 'stretch' to them this season. I bought some pants yesterday and most had some spandex in them, but that does make for a comfort fit.

Before I joined this group, I would have just went out and bought more fabric to line the jumper, but it will be interesting to hear all the suggestions that you get. I'm sure the suggestions will be time and money saving.

Gonna call it a night.....Goodnight
SewingForAll

Postby Fallbrook Pat » November 4th, 2007, 12:48 am

I am a newbie here. So glad the sewing chick's are still awake. This is WAY past my bedtime, but this forum is VERY addictive and VERY expensive. Iwant to try/do ALL of the WONDERFUL projects pictured here.
Don't know if this is good or bad, but I do know there are MANY things worse than being a fabrioholic/patternholic. Pat
Fallbrook Pat

Postby nonie » November 4th, 2007, 10:09 am

I think if you can find the same woven fabric with some stretch that Jerry found and the colors are right then use that. Other wise use your cotton or blends for lining.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Return to Fabric Analysis