Favorite fabric

Want more information about a certain fabric? Or what fabric will work for certain projects.

Favorite fabric

Postby nonie » March 29th, 2006, 9:11 am

Do you have a favorite fabric? I used to use nothing but knits,still do like to make t-shirts and sweatshirts.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

favs

Postby babygirl » March 29th, 2006, 12:32 pm

Love to use lawn- especially rose and hubble
pima ginham- english is my preference- silky finish and prints on both sides-at least the ones I have do

Pinfeather baby cord for play clothes and seersucker for summer

Lined pique

Heirloom quality batiste for special occasion clothing

Local shop carries some dobby weave voile that I love to find a use for. Maybe a pinafore would be nice.
babygirl

Postby Smockette » March 29th, 2006, 4:57 pm

Lainey, the home of Pendleton used to be in Guild, NH. They had a wonderful store across the street for their clothing and fabric. They closed and I think their only mill now is in Washington state.

My favorite fabric is linen. I like the way it sews, looks, and wears. It has such variety. I used to discharge dye it and still have quite a bit of that on my shelf! Hard to cut into that, I tell ya'. I think if linen is sewn properly it can wear like iron. It can look so rich too. My next project, which I bought the trim for today, is a white handkerchief linen bishop for a soon to be niece. She will be entering the world in July, so have a little time. Not sure of the plate yet, maybe Beginnings from AS&E.

After that, my fave is wool, all weights. Looking forward to making a coat and bonnet of wool for DGD in a year or so.

Bunny
Smockette

Return to Fabric Analysis