Favorite Riley Blake fabrics?

Want more information about a certain fabric? Or what fabric will work for certain projects.

Favorite Riley Blake fabrics?

Postby bnbmom » December 30th, 2010, 9:14 am

I have applied for a wholesale account with Riley Blake fabrics and plan on buying a few bolts once that is approved. But, I would like to get a sense of what is the most popular. I would appreciate any feedback on what you like. Here are the available fabrics http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/shop/c ... lable-now/ . I am leaning towards fabrics from the quite contrary in the green colorway because that is what I like. I only have enough money for about 5-6 bolts probably. This would be to resale in my online fabric shop and also to use to make stuff for sale. Thanks!
Jennifer

Fabric etsy store: www.baileygirlsfabric.etsy.com
Boutique etsy store: www.baileygirlsboutique.etsy.com
bnbmom

Re: Favorite Riley Blake fabrics?

Postby gasew7 » January 2nd, 2011, 6:34 pm

Jennifer, I didn't finish reading your post and went straight to the website. I was all prepared to tell you that I liked the Quite Contrary when I came back to your post and saw that is what you liked. I like the green or the red color line. I love having all of the coordinating fabrics to choose from because if I have to find a coordinating fabric, I usually don't trust myself. I also like Lovebirds a lot.
Leslie
gasew7

Postby SDanburg » January 3rd, 2011, 12:06 pm

I really like the Summer Song line, too. I can see a lot of little dresses made with that!
SDanburg

Postby bnbmom » January 3rd, 2011, 12:24 pm

I just got approved for the wholesale account. I am placing an order now. I am going to order 4 prints from the quite contrary in green and 4 from summer song. Those are my favorites too.
Jennifer

bnbmom

Postby bnbmom » January 3rd, 2011, 12:37 pm

Just placed my order. I ordered 10 bolts. 5 from summer song in the pink colorway and 5 from quite contrary in green colorway. Funny those 2 lines were the ones I was leaning towards ordering. I am glad other like the same as I do. Thanks for taking the time to give me your opinion.
Jennifer

bnbmom

Postby Rosieq » January 4th, 2011, 8:11 am

Commercial time: I ordered fabric on December 30, and it was in my mailbox on Monday...wonderful service, and Jennifer wrapped it all in a wrap before placing 6 yards and a pattern in a Priority mailing envelope!!! Wow, saved me postage too!!!
I will shop with Jennifer again...and can't wait to see her two new lines. (Gals, that is shipping almost 2000 miles in that amount of time...so J was quick!!!)

@ Jennifer...I couldn't decide between to those two lines and I'm sew happy you were able to get the 10 bolts....let us know when you get the new fabric in!!! I gotta sew so I can have that mailman bring me a package from Cali really soon.

Thanks Jennifer!!! Rosieq/Linda
Life is a garden, Good friends are the flowers,
And times spent together, Life's happiest hours.....

http://pinterest.com/intherosegarden/
http://www.linda-thisnthatintherosegarden.blogspot.com/
Rosieq

Postby bnbmom » January 4th, 2011, 8:15 am

Thanks Linda! I can't wait to get the Riley Blake fabric. It was so much easier to order from them then Michael Miller. Hopefully I will get it soon. I will post in the for sale section when I get it and add it to the site.
Jennifer

bnbmom

Postby bnbmom » January 4th, 2011, 11:00 am

Just got notice that the fabric already shipped! So far I am really impressed with Riley Blake. It cost a little more then what I paid for Michael Miller but maybe it is because of the rising cotton prices. Michael Miller prices may have raised also since the first of the year. I am not sure.
Jennifer

bnbmom

Postby Rosieq » January 4th, 2011, 4:43 pm

I heard today, that one of the larger fabric shops in our area is increasing all their bolts to over $10....What makes me disgusted is that they will change the price on every bolt they already have in the store...I would like to pay a fair price, but not added cushion to old fabric! It just isn't the right way to do business!

Rosieq And WOW, they are already shipping, they are as fast as their customer...I'm afraid I won't have this all sewn first!!!

HA-Ha
Life is a garden, Good friends are the flowers,
And times spent together, Life's happiest hours.....

http://pinterest.com/intherosegarden/
http://www.linda-thisnthatintherosegarden.blogspot.com/
Rosieq

Postby bnbmom » January 5th, 2011, 8:58 am

I just got a notice that Michael Miller prices are increasing on 1/14. It didn't say what to though.

If you guys want to see what Riley Blake fabrics I purchased, I just posted them on my facebook business page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Ba ... 8367319149 . They are scheduled to arrive tomorrow sometime. So, I should have them all posted by Friday morning if they arrive as scheduled.
Jennifer

bnbmom

Return to Fabric Analysis