Question about CC Lee

Share your thoughts about patterns you have tried. Like 'em? Hate 'em? Or maybe you want information on a pattern before you buy.

Question about CC Lee

Postby Goosegirl » January 7th, 2008, 4:22 pm

Hi Gang,
Ok, I do not have the Children's Corner pattern Lee. But it seems that so many of the dresses featured in both Creative Needle and Sew Beautiful use that pattern. I do have CC Anne and the Ellen McCarn Basic Yoke Dress and also I have Collars Etc Yoke Dresses 1 along with several yoke dress patterns from AS&E. I want to make the pink Chocolate Bunny dress from Creative Needle for Ahnalin. I would love to not buy another pattern for now.

So...........What is so special about the LEE pattern?

Would any of the patterns I have work as well?

Are the AS&E yoke dress patterns from the magazines any good?

If I absolutely need the LEE I will order it but I am just trying to make do and understand more about the LEE pattern.

Thanks so much all you fabulous sewing minds you!!! :D :D :D
Goosegirl

Re: Question about CC Lee

Postby GaGa » January 7th, 2008, 5:26 pm

I have not seen the dress either, but I know a couple of the gals in my sewing group use the Ellen Mcarn basic yoke rather then Lee just because of the clearer directions. I would think as long as you are using a yoke dress pattern it would not matter which one.
GaGa

Postby Karens Krafts » January 7th, 2008, 6:11 pm

Love any and all of the AS&E patterns I've used. Also agree with the above information. I sure do wish I could do the bunnies. They are so cute!!! Be sure to show us the pictures. Karen
Karens Krafts

Postby nonie » January 7th, 2008, 6:14 pm

Why can't you do the bunnies Karen????
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby Karens Krafts » January 7th, 2008, 10:33 pm

They're PICTURE SMOCKING, DRATS!!!!!! Oh well, I will learn one of these days. There are some things that I just have to accomplish. That's one of them. So...........I'm really not too upset about it, cause I know I'm going to learn, sooner or later (hope it's sooner). Karen
Karens Krafts

Postby nonie » January 7th, 2008, 11:58 pm

I don't have that issue yet, but will look for it at hastings. I think I can help you from here. We can work on it together.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby Neena » February 8th, 2008, 8:05 pm

I've finished the smocking of "Chocolate Bunnies" from CN-Feb 08- and I chose CC Mary De pattern and it was my 1st time to use that pattern.....only smocking in front w/ that crossover back that has two buttons. It's really a jumper! Much easier than I expected and a cute blouse already purchased will finish it off. I'm not finished w/ buttonholes and now must face the hem (ALLOW plenty extra for length--I didn't!!) I'll try to post a pic soon........I made my bunnies MILK chocolate and not as dark as suggested in the article in CN.
Holler if I can help you out!
Neena
Neena

Return to Pattern Evaluations