Farbenmix Willemientje

Share your thoughts about patterns you have tried. Like 'em? Hate 'em? Or maybe you want information on a pattern before you buy.

Farbenmix Willemientje

Postby mcmlinda » October 23rd, 2012, 2:56 pm

So, I just finished making one of these about a week ago for my niece. LOVE the pattern, LOVE how it turned out, BUT found the instructions frustrating. I think if I had not been an experienced sewer, I might have given up. The written instructions that come with the pattern and the instructions that Farbenmix has on their tutorial are different when it comes to attaching the skirt to the bodice and even more so the underskirt to the bodice. They also left out a step. I wound up just kind of winging it however it worked for me. I have been thinking about making up another one and doing my own tutorial on my blog. Figuring out something that might be simpler than what they had on theirs. Also posting better pictures. Theirs were kind of dark and they were using white thread on white fabric. Not the easiest to see, LOL.

All in all, I really love the dress. I love the fullness and the flowiness of it. I will try and make it again at some point, but really need to revamp the instructions.
mcmlinda

Return to Pattern Evaluations