Test blanket

A place to share what we are working on or hope to be working on.

Moderator: ShirleyC

nonie

Test blanket

Post by nonie »

This one is a 6 inch, I lined the blanket and stitched the lace on the top. I culd not stitch and turn as it made the edges to thick.
You opinion please. Is top stitching the lace on okay?
b,blanket2.jpg
b,blanket2.jpg (59.31 KiB) Viewed 9763 times
NancyFigur

Re: Test blanket

Post by NancyFigur »

That is what I used to do often. Sometimes if just works best.

That is so tiny.

Nancy
nonie

Post by nonie »

Thank you , sometimes I doubt myself.
janmoore

Post by janmoore »

Sweet blanket!
Is it two layers of flannel? To make edges less bulky, could you use batiste as the lining? That being said, I think it is more difficult to attach lace and turn. I usually hand whipped lace to such edges, but top stitching is also fine. I also eased or gathered the lace, at the corners, instead of turning a sharp corner, so it did not cup.
nonie

Post by nonie »

Jan, they need to be double flannel as the babies weep and are wet. So they want something that doesn't leak through, I am trying to mix a needed article with something that is also special. Thank you for reminding me to gather at the corners. mitering did not work that well.
Angela

Post by Angela »

Nonie, topstitching the lace is perfect. I would probably put two in a bag together with a little prayer card or note. We also stitch a tiny ribbon on the back laying it corner to corner and tack it in the middle. They can tie it to keep it in place on the baby.
Angela Lee
Pooler, GA