CC Callie

Share your thoughts about patterns you have tried. Like 'em? Hate 'em? Or maybe you want information on a pattern before you buy.

CC Callie

Postby mommyto2littlemonkies » March 25th, 2006, 7:35 am

Any comments? I have been looking at it for a while...Any big 3 that are similar?
mommyto2littlemonkies

Postby nonie » March 25th, 2006, 11:35 pm

I think it is adorable,haven't seen one yet with the big three,but there has to be a simialr one.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby mommyto2littlemonkies » March 26th, 2006, 6:57 am

I love cc patterns for smocked things but sometimes I just can't justify the extrar$ when I can find similar for unsmocked things!
mommyto2littlemonkies

Re: CC Callie

Postby dpolk » January 6th, 2009, 11:08 am

I think the "Callie" would be a justified expense. I don't have any children to sew for "yet" but I bought the pattern.
This little dress is so cute and can be made with such a variety of trims that I think it would be versatile! It also
looks really cute as a top! Debbie
dpolk

Postby Linda in NM » January 19th, 2009, 5:31 am

I use Callie quite a bit. I usually use it for novelty fabrics, because it gives plenty of room to show the print, but the facings tone it down. Add to that...it's very quick and easy (unless you try to use a busy stripe for the facings and straps when you don't know how to match 'em :rotflo: ) I'm glad I got this pattern, it's been well used.
Linda in NM
Linda in NM

Postby Linda in NM » January 20th, 2009, 4:38 am

"CC" is Children's Corner, so you can just google "Children's Corner." If you are on this board, you can just search for CC and I think quite a few will show up. Most of the patterns don't have the greatest pictures on the pattern, so I think "nah, I don't need that." Then someone posts something and "Hey, I need that pattern after all!"

I made this Callie last week. Usually a Callie is very quick and easy, but this one took a little longer.
Attachments
CC Calllie Size 3 Chicks a resized.jpg
CC Calllie Size 3 Chicks a resized.jpg (103.59 KiB) Viewed 985 times
Linda in NM
Linda in NM

Postby GamGam » May 31st, 2009, 5:47 pm

Linda,
That is sooo cute. Thanks for posting. I agree that this pattern is worth the extra price. I've not purchased many CC patterns, but I did this one, and have been glad that I did. I especially like it on toddlers since I think they are too short for something gathered to a yoke.
GamGam

Return to Pattern Evaluations