cheap pattern for one seam trousers

Share your thoughts about patterns you have tried. Like 'em? Hate 'em? Or maybe you want information on a pattern before you buy.

cheap pattern for one seam trousers

Postby Annie in the uk » July 23rd, 2009, 11:26 am

i have reverted to creating my own cloths as now turned 60+ many of the dresses and such in the shops are for much younger people or are designed for those who want to feel frumpy. Not me sorry. but i do not wish to look like mutton dressed up to look like lamb iether. but with money tight i had to come up with a few ideas
My first want was a pattern for a top and one seam trousers in my size. Pricey. My next want was fabric to use to make things, again pricey, so what to do.
i know how to make the elasticated skirts but t was trousers i mainly wanted for when out in my wheelchair, I was after a visit to hospital were i had to don a set of trousers and top to go into and MRI that i realised just how good and comfy hospital scrubs are. Home and onto E bay. Entered disposable hospital scrubs and up it came, S.M. L. less than £3.00 GBP.
being in a strong paper fabric mix, i could take apart to make a pattern and use over and over again. and they fit wonderfully.
Now for some lightweight fabric.. thrift shops are wonderfull. over here in the Uk we use duvets with covers, now a king sized duvet will yeild over 5 yards of 6 foot wide material once unpicked down the side seams./ i found one in sky blue almost new for £3.00
so for the princely sum of £6.00 i ended up with, one pair of trousers, one full length skirt, one loose fitting top and a 3/4 sleeved top for cooler weather. useing my machine i embroidered poppy and corn sprays and tiny butterfly designs on them to co-ordinate things and i even had enough material over to make a grocery bag as a gift for a friend.. hows that for value. plus again one kingsized duvet will unpick to make one single bed cover and curtains to match. i thought that this would help others to see the potential of this item. annie in the Uk
Annie in the uk

Re: cheap pattern for one seam trousers

Postby Karens Krafts » July 24th, 2009, 7:03 am

So nice of you Annie to stop by and leave such good information. Please stop by the coffee shop here, and share some of your other ideas. Or, just stop by and chat with us for a bit. We'd love to hear what you're doing.
Karen
Karens Krafts

Return to Pattern Evaluations