McCall's M5800

Share your thoughts about patterns you have tried. Like 'em? Hate 'em? Or maybe you want information on a pattern before you buy.

McCall's M5800

Postby RedAmbrosia » May 4th, 2009, 6:20 am

Hey ladies!

I got this cute dress pattern for a white, cherry print that I'm going to make into a pretty summer dress (wee! so excited!). I've got it traced onto tracing paper (cause I have this thing against actually cutting up patterns...), but then I looked at the directions to see if seam allowances were included or if I need to cut it bigger, but I can't see that information (maybe it's cause I've been awake too long...).

So, can any of you tell me, does McCall's usually include seam allowances or not? :noidea:
Sara, of the Forgotten Lists, Queen of Late-Doing, Steward of the Dreaming, Keeper of the Crystalline Goal, Seeker of Truth in the Unaffected Self.
RedAmbrosia

Re: McCall's M5800

Postby Karens Krafts » May 4th, 2009, 8:33 am

Oh yes! Most times they are 5/8" allowances unless stated otherwise. I think that information is across the top someplace on the instruction sheet. When they want other allowance, it's usually on the pattern. I just made a hat, and the top seams were 1/4" and it was marked on that hat piece. The other pieces were the 5/8" as usual.
Karen
Karens Krafts

Re: McCall's M5800

Postby RedAmbrosia » May 4th, 2009, 1:40 pm

Thank you :)

I'm just afraid of messing up my dress, I don't even want to do it wrong on the muslin lol
Sara, of the Forgotten Lists, Queen of Late-Doing, Steward of the Dreaming, Keeper of the Crystalline Goal, Seeker of Truth in the Unaffected Self.
RedAmbrosia

Return to Pattern Evaluations