McCall's 4403 Diaper bag

Share your thoughts about patterns you have tried. Like 'em? Hate 'em? Or maybe you want information on a pattern before you buy.

McCall's 4403 Diaper bag

Postby Linda in NM » October 5th, 2008, 1:30 pm

I made view c of this pattern, and it turned out pretty well. However, I got a little lost in the instructions on page 5, column 2 after putting in the zipper and removing the basting. The picture showing the back side of the top looks like it has a facing partially covering the back, but there is no such piece and none is needed. If you make this pattern, ignore that picture. You line the top anyway, so no facing is needed.

Also, the supplies call for fleece, which I thought was rather odd. I asked someone who has made several of these, and she said to use fleece from Walmart, $3.47, usually found above the interfacings. I found Thermofan (?) and Thermofan Plus in just where she said to look, so I think it is what they meant by fleece. Regular fleece like you use for blankets would make a flimsy diaper bag!

I added pockets between the two vertical straps on the front and back...this worked really well and gave me a place to embroider.

Not a bad pattern, lots of pieces and it took awhile to make but except for that one step with the erroneous picture it went together surprisingly easy.
Linda in NM
Linda in NM

Return to Pattern Evaluations