petites?

Share your thoughts about patterns you have tried. Like 'em? Hate 'em? Or maybe you want information on a pattern before you buy.

petites?

Postby caleteu& » February 23rd, 2016, 8:59 am

If myfigure weren't quite so senior, I could wear children's sizes!!! (I'm only 4 feet 11 1/2), but things being as they are, I would love to find somebody who still makes patterns for petites. Burda is the only company I know.
Yours, CAmbron
caleteu&

Re: petites?

Postby KathyD » February 24th, 2016, 3:07 am

A good friend of mine is 4'12" and she sews for herself for that very reason, so I know what you're saying. Patterns put those lines in them for adjusting for petite, but I know it's a lot of work. I don't know of any pattern companies that do this. Do you sew a lot for yourself?

Kathy
KathyD

Postby caleteu& » February 24th, 2016, 7:29 am

I do make quite a bit, especially in the coat and blazer area, since I can never get RTW to fit properly. Jeans I can usually get 2nd hand, and just have to adjust the hem, and sometimes I can wear RTW shirts. Strangely, I can usually get the width issues right with Palmer and Pletsch but getting the length of the bodice right is always a battle. Since my taste is pretty conservative, I can usally manage with the old Burda Petites Magazine, but they're out of print.
Yours, Cambron
caleteu&

Postby peacechick » June 23rd, 2016, 11:54 am

Just saw this one months later. I'm 5'3", so on the tall side of petite, and I usually have to take at least 6" from the (total--about ½ from the top and ½ from the bottom) length of patterns (at least the Big 4). Given that, tell me they're not designed for model-tall women--not realistically, average-sized women. That said, since you're even smaller, I wonder if it would be easier to adjust the width of children's sizes if you can find any in the styles you like (or at least use them to make appropriately-proportioned slopers to adjust the adult styles you like). Don't know if that would work--maybe the proportions are all wrong for that.
Vanessa, mother to James (37), Sarah (35), Aaron (33), Adam (30) and David (27)
peacechick

Postby Rosieq » June 23rd, 2016, 2:20 pm

Girls plus sizes??
Life is a garden, Good friends are the flowers,
And times spent together, Life's happiest hours.....

http://pinterest.com/intherosegarden/
http://www.linda-thisnthatintherosegarden.blogspot.com/
Rosieq

Return to Pattern Evaluations