Gift tags with Karens help

Machine Embroidery

Moderator: ShirleyC

nonie

Gift tags with Karens help

Post by nonie »

I think I will make more of these, the directions are not that clear but I managed. This is from the Funny gift tags from Julias Needle.
gift tag1.jpg[/attachment (before) After [attachment=0]funny gift tags2.jpg
I can still clean them up a bit, very good practice.
Attachments
funny gift tags2.jpg
funny gift tags2.jpg (127.67 KiB) Viewed 48229 times
gift tag1.jpg
gift tag1.jpg (108.51 KiB) Viewed 48280 times
Last edited by nonie on Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KathyD

Re: Gift tag1

Post by KathyD »

That's so cute and definitely funny!!!

Kathy
KarenVA

Post by KarenVA »

I love that!

I have one suggestion for you (hoop two layers of WSS stabilizer)--did you make the first stitching a placement stitch? If so, after you place your background fabric, duplicate that placement stitching for a tack down (go back and repeat step #1--if there is no tack down stitch). Then, trim the fabric close to the stitching line. Do all of the embroidery EXCEPT the final satin edge stitching. Place a piece of the background fabric on the BACK of the design--you can use tape to hold the edges in place--and repeat the tack down stitch. Trim the fabric close to the stitching. Place the hoop back and do the final satin stitching. Use a Q-tip dipped in water to dissolve the stabilize around the edge of the design. You will have a neat edge without any "pokeys".
Hugs, Karen
nonie

Post by nonie »

Thank you Karen, I wasn't sure how these would stitch out I have never tried one of her designs. The instructions she gives are lacking lot of information and I had no clue what the stich out order was even going to be. But, with your help I am ready to try another one and now knowing how they stitch out it will be easier. So stay tuned you might see a few more,
ShirleyC

Post by ShirleyC »

Real cute!

Nonie, the ITH designs I have from her came with a pdf tutorial. It's probably on your computer somewhere. I download mine in Embird so I can find them.
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
Linda in Iowa

Post by Linda in Iowa »

I have threatened whitey-tighteys to the oldest grandson. Two weeks away for our family Christmas, and no clues from that man-child!
nonie

Re: Gift tags with Karens help

Post by nonie »

I like doing some practice type pieces. Getting reacquainted with this machine. I really never had a chance to use it much after I bought it, so this is all new.
KarenVA

Post by KarenVA »

Woohoo. Good job!!!
Hugs, Karen
Linda in Iowa

Post by Linda in Iowa »

Nonie, one can tell you sewing Mo-Jo is back, and you are enjoying it!