Decorative stitches

What those stitches are for.

Decorative stitches

Postby nonie » February 13th, 2006, 11:45 pm

How many decorative stiches does you machine have?

Do you use them?

Do you have a favorite stitch?
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby GreenDragonLady » February 14th, 2006, 5:25 am

I'm ashamed to say I haven't tried any of the ones on my new machine (Ellageo) because it's always set up for embroidery. But I have a Singer that has I think 160-something. I have used several, mostly the feather stitch.
GreenDragonLady

stitches

Postby babygirl » February 14th, 2006, 7:15 am

used the scallop and featherstitch-that's it-oh yeah-and the shell
babygirl

Postby nonie » February 23rd, 2006, 1:24 pm

Vanessa,those sound like really good uses for decorative stitches. I saw a samper made form machines stitches,it was actually very pretty. I am going to make one for my sewing room. Frame it and hang it above the sewing machine to remind me to use those stitches ,more often.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby Sandra3 » February 25th, 2006, 3:35 pm

Nonie,

What a great idea! I am going to do one of those. I have used alot of my decorative stitches,but think if they were right in front of me it would remind me to use them more often.

Plus I am really in the mood to decorate my sewing room. Saw some real pretty sewing rooms in magazines and I want one :lol: I know not always practical but sure would be fun.
Sandra3

Postby nonie » March 2nd, 2006, 11:40 am

Some of the sewing rooms I have seen are prettier then my house.More cupboards then my kitchen has.

If you want why don't we all make a smapler of the stitches our machines do and then post the pictures?
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby nonie » August 10th, 2007, 3:41 pm

I still think (when we have time :roll: ) we should make samplers of our machines stitches and share the pictures. I know the ones I have stitched out already, I use more often then the other ones.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby Smockette » August 10th, 2007, 6:37 pm

My machine has roughly 150 stitches. I probably use the heirloom stitches and satin stitch the most. I also like to use the triple zigzag, not really decorative, but I use it a lot for understitching.

This kind of goes back to the samples I made last winter. I plan to do the other half this winter. I have referred back to these so often as they have the tensions, lengths, etc all worked out for different fabrics.

bunny
Smockette

Postby Mommabear » August 10th, 2007, 6:45 pm

I've only used the blanket stitch and the rounded zig-zag stitch on mine. :)
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸.~ Cherish

http://hyenacart.com/MommabearsCherishedDesigns
Mommabear

Return to Machine Stitches