Many, many feet

What those stitches are for.

Many, many feet

Postby nonie » September 19th, 2017, 11:20 am

while organizing my sewing drawers, I came across many feet, to help me get the maximum use from my machine. I also came across some feet I had bought many years ago called "Creative feet" by Clare J. Rowley Greene.http://www.creativefeet.com/
I noticed she even has a facebook page. I have never done anything with these feet and this might be the time to expand and try them.
also the Viking I have, has many feet and many more I could purchase on Ebay.
So what about your machine? do you use the special feet? Have you used the feet for a purpose they were not made for as in--have you used the invisible zipper foot to apply piping?

Lets explore our machines and get super creative.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Re: Many, many feet

Postby NancyF » September 19th, 2017, 12:07 pm

Nonie, I just bought a set of 42 knock off brother feet. I had an Amazon gift card and gave them a try. The ones I tried have worked great. Some are duplicates of ones I have and they sure don't look any different. If I remember right the whole set was between 25 and 30 dollars. I have used a few that I would never have bought but I now find very useful.
NancyF

Postby Karens Krafts » September 20th, 2017, 6:19 am

I bought one of those sets of knock-off feet also. I bought a cheap Brother machine when my other Brother broke. I haven't used many of the feet, but they were sure a bargain.
Invisible zipper foot for PIPING????? I can see how that would work, now I'll have to try that! When I go to the sewing room today, I'll give it a try. I can see how that would be wonderful for the small piping.
When I bought my Viking machine, I was given a $300 buying credit. I know they wanted me to buy their wonderful expensive designs, but no, I bought feet. So I have many, many feet. And of those many, many have never been used. But like the invisible zipper foot, Nonie, maybe you'll get me using some.
Karen
Karens Krafts

Postby nonie » September 20th, 2017, 5:51 pm

Karen, do you have the binding foot? I am not sure how it works but it looks like it would be worth purchasing.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby Karens Krafts » September 20th, 2017, 6:18 pm

I probably do. I'll have to take a look tomorrow and see. I do have a binder foot for the coverstitch machine, but couldn't figure out how to get it around a corner, or how to finish it off. Too many toys, too little skill.
Karens Krafts

Postby NancyF » September 20th, 2017, 6:41 pm

Nonie, I got two different binding feet in my collection that I bought. I am going to try them out.

I find I try new feet more when I am making stage costumes because nothing will be seen up close and if the stitching isn't absolutely perfect no one cares but me so I am more likely to try. On a Christening Outfit I want every stitch to be perfect.

Nancy
NancyF

Postby angelalee511 » September 21st, 2017, 8:05 am

I love my invisible zipper foot for zippers but use my piping foot for piping. That's so I can move my needle to different positions when running multiple stitch lines. I also have the binding foot that I have used twice. It only really works on straight edges and maybe soft curves. Forget trying to get it around a corner. I have two size rolled hemmers but haven't gotten adept as using them. I love my edge stitching and edge joining feet. I want a flat felled foot but I just read this morning that a woman made one from her hemmer foot by removing the rolly thing on top. Viking only has the 9mm flat felled foot, and that's too big for most garments.
angelalee511

Postby nonie » September 21st, 2017, 9:47 am

Angela, what binding foot fit's the viking? I would love to try one as I am now doing so many place mats and like to bind the edges. Have looked at the foot but do not know what will fit.
I also think I would do more binding if I could get a nice look with half the work.
Nancy F, have you tried the binding feet yet? Will love to hear a review.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby sewmuchstyle » September 21st, 2017, 10:37 am

I need to purchase a few different feet for my machines, Do y'all remember the url for the ones you purchased?
I seem to have misplaced ALL of my rolled hem feet for Everyone of my machines. I have a Singer, a Brother and an Elna and I would really like to get some extra feet for them.
Robin
Your Talent is GOD'S Gift to You!
What you do with it is Your Gift to GOD!

Way down south in Louisiana
Robin ~ sewmuchstyle
http://www.myspace.com/sewmuchstylellc
www.myspace.com/myladyvantel
sewmuchstyle

Postby nonie » September 23rd, 2017, 8:11 am

Angela, I use the zipper foot for the last application, when I know where the seam will be. Fun trying different feet for different uses.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Return to Machine Stitches