BETTY"S SEWING TABLE FOR SALE

Looking for your selling something?
Mags, fabrics, notions, machines, etc.
Store sales.
Everything Sewing is not responsible for any problems caused from the buying or selling on the forum.

BETTY"S SEWING TABLE FOR SALE

Postby nonie » May 22nd, 2014, 12:38 pm

I was hoping to be able to buy Betty's sewing table but shipping is way to high. This would be great if anyone lives closer then I do---Maybe make an offer? They really want to see one of Betty's friends get the table. If you are interested pm me and I will give you Marla's number

On that note, we're holding an estate sale next week, 5/29-5/31. The main thing that we would love to find a good home for, and not just see taken away by strangers, is her solid oak sewing table, custom made for her by my brother Danny. Do you think you could post a notice on ES for us, and have anyone interested contact me? I think it's worth $500, but we would take $350 if someone could travel to come get it.

I didn't measure it, but I can on Saturday, and get photos of it then. It's appx. 54" wide by 24" deep, with a drop leaf that makes it about 48" deep. Solid oak with a white laminate top and a plastic cutting board that is cut to fit. She left that on all the time, and used the drop leaf area to cut out on. There are 4 drawers, I think, on the right side, with another 4 very large drawers on the left side, facing to the outside of the table. She had 3 sewing machine plastic templates made, so that she could use her various machines in the cut out hole on the top. The machines set down onto a shelf just below the hole.

It is a great table, and like I said, we know she would love for one of her "sewing sisters" to enjoy it.
Let me know your thoughts?
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Re: BETTY"S SEWING TABLE FOR SALE

Postby nonie » May 22nd, 2014, 3:39 pm

I will be able to share pictures after Saturday.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby KathyD » May 22nd, 2014, 7:37 pm

Wow! Sounds wonderful. Where was her home?

Kathy
KathyD

Postby nonie » May 22nd, 2014, 8:10 pm

Springfield Miss. Even if someone was just close it would probably not cost to much to ship. The important thing is for it to go to a loving home.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby Rosieq » May 23rd, 2014, 2:43 am

Springfield Missouri...and that is just north of Branson.

I'm intrigued, just cause it is Betty's table. And, ideally my brothers could move it out of Betty's house, but then that 600 miles in a truck to get it to Northern Iowa. Then, I rationalize it would be far too short for me to use as a cutting table...I may have my SIL go scout out what other treasures are at the estate auction. Perhaps we should go visit my brothers before it gets to hot...like next weekend. :idea:
Linda

Life is a garden, Good friends are the flowers,
And times spent together, Life's happiest hours.....

http://pinterest.com/intherosegarden/
http://www.linda-thisnthatintherosegarden.blogspot.com/
Rosieq

Postby angelalee511 » May 23rd, 2014, 3:10 am

How very sweet! I can't imagine how hard it is for them to be going through Betty's things. Will say a little prayer for them.
angelalee511

Postby nana judy » May 23rd, 2014, 4:18 am

sounds like a beautiful table! someone will be very lucky to get it.
Judy
nana judy

Postby nonie » May 24th, 2014, 6:28 pm

Thank you Linda, that should read MO, not Miss. Come on ladies, we have til Thursday--They will hold the table and mark as sold.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Postby KathyD » May 24th, 2014, 6:49 pm

Sadly, that's too far away for me. I hope someone that will really appreciate it will be able to get Betty's table.

Kathy
KathyD

Return to Sales and Wants