Online retailer

Looking for your selling something?
Mags, fabrics, notions, machines, etc.
Store sales.
Everything Sewing is not responsible for any problems caused from the buying or selling on the forum.

Online retailer

Postby Rosieq » April 15th, 2014, 9:54 am

I am just wanting to vent a little. I just purchased some ribbing for knit shirts. When I received it, it was very clear it had been cut from a much wider piece of tee shirt fabric. Not a piece of ribbing in the lot. I called immediately and got an answering machine, I emailed them a couple days later, and still not a response this morning, so I tried calling again same message on the machine. I ordered a pattern and not wanting to spend the price of a pattern plus shipping, I ordered the ribbing since I can use that. Now what, I want to do a return, but have no idea if she will pay the shipping, or even own up to this error. It is bad enough to think I paid $18 plus for this pattern (adding the shipping to the cost of the pattern)

Am I wrong in thinking a simple knit should not be called ribbing?

I'm trying to convince myself that this is probably only an online retailer and they are not obliged to keep business hours, but how long should I wait for a response? And, what can I do if she does not respond? This retailer has been online for a very long time.

Enuff ranting....
Linda

Life is a garden, Good friends are the flowers,
And times spent together, Life's happiest hours.....

http://pinterest.com/intherosegarden/
http://www.linda-thisnthatintherosegarden.blogspot.com/
Rosieq

Re: Online retailer

Postby nana judy » April 15th, 2014, 5:45 pm

Linda, I would not be happy with that transaction. On their website what is the return policy? You want to stay within their amount of days that a return is acceptable but I would inly try to contact for a few days. You do have a recourse though if you used a credit card. They will make them make it right-- probably taking care of you and then getting their money back from the seller. You need to stay within the time limit on this with your credit card.
This may be more trouble than you want to go to for the ribbing.
Judy
nana judy

Postby Rosieq » April 15th, 2014, 8:32 pm

Judy, I just now,thought, if only I had used a credit card rather than Paypal I could have gone,that route. I will check their return policy...doesn't do much good if I cannot,contact them. I don't want to return and loose out on postage two ways....I'm just so that they pawned regular knit fabric off on me. I never suspected,they would do that, I was always happy with their product before.

Thanks for,the suggestions. Linda
Linda

Rosieq

Postby bellesmom » April 15th, 2014, 9:04 pm

In my experience, using PayPal is as good as using my credit card. Contact PP and see if they can help you.
bellesmom

Postby KathyD » April 16th, 2014, 3:58 am

I've always had instant results with paypal. If you still have no response from the seller, file a claim with paypal. I bet you'll be contacted immediately. Also, with paypal, usually the seller has to pay the return shipping if you're not satisfied.

Kathy
KathyD

Postby nana judy » April 16th, 2014, 4:47 am

You have a recourse with Paypal as well but I am not sure of the details.

Once years ago we bought a computer bundle shich was a really good buy due to the rebates on it. We got the computer and then the company that we were to get a $200 rebate from went bankrupt and said we wouldn't get that rebate. I filed a claim with out credit card company and they got the rebate for us. Now that I am thinking about this I have seen online where peopel are continuing to get renewal notices from Sew Beautiful. For the people who didn't realize they were going to stop publishing the magazine and paid for a subscription can probably get a refund if they paid with credit card.
Judy
nana judy

Postby Rosieq » April 16th, 2014, 6:21 am

After several emails and several phone calls I finally PM the seller on Facebook; she called this morning, answered my questions, and we have reached an agreement. Just returning my initial phone call would have saved me some grief. Funny, her message machine and emails didn't receive mine....hmmmmm. But I am satisfied now. The seller has quality merchandise.

Thanks for all your advice! I do appreciate the info on Paypal. I prefer Paypal to putting my credit card numbers out there. And, anymore we shop a lot on the internet.

Linda
Linda

Rosieq

Postby KarenVA » May 3rd, 2014, 6:48 am

How frustrating, but I'm glad everything finally worked out for you!!
KarenVA
"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa
KarenVA

Return to Sales and Wants