Reading books sharing books I have read
nonie

Anyone??

Post by nonie »

Any new books to share?
NancyFigur

Re: Anyone??

Post by NancyFigur »

Nonie, I love anything by Lynn Austin. She writes all kinds of stories and I have loved every one.

Nancy
JerryR

Post by JerryR »

Nonie, I just finished Pineapple Street by Jenny Jackson. It seemed to portray the current millennial, GenX views which are disturbing to me. The author is is a vice president and executive editor at Alfred A. Knopf. of course it is set in Brooklyn Heights and about the 1%. It might be something someone would want to read.

Another one I really loved a few months ago was Things I Wish I Told My Mother, by Susan Patterson and Susan DiLallo, with James Patterson.

Then there is Tom Lake, by Ann Patchett, which has received a lot of buzz. It was an enjoyable book, but it switched back and forth a lot from present to past, which can be somewhat confusing. Overall, it was a good book.

I’ve finished 49 so far this year, but most of those were finishing the Alex Cross series of James Patterson’s list, as well as Jonathan Kellerman’s crime series. I seem to enjoy police procedurals for some weird reason.
emilyb

Post by emilyb »

Recently read "Between the Mountain and the Sky" by Maggie Dayne. A heart-worming story of a young gal that took a gap year and did some wondrous things. Also "The Women" by Kristen Hannah, a story of nurses during the Vietnam War.
KarenVA

Post by KarenVA »

I just discovered Colleen Coble. She has lots of books to choose--and series!
Hugs, Karen
nonie

Post by nonie »

I sure will check her out. I just love to read.