Changing feet

Need help with your serging? Do you like to serge and would like to share your experience?

Changing feet

Postby nonie » July 26th, 2016, 5:05 pm

How many feet do you have for your serger? What do they do? do you use them often? I have a couple different ones but can't say I change mine out very often to do different task. Probably something I should do more of.
Also I have a white serger and a Viking. Since I think they are made by the same company do you think the feet are interchangeable? I have more feet for the White then I do the Viking.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Re: Changing feet

Postby niener » July 26th, 2016, 7:04 pm

I bought a set of 5 specialty feet with my serger about 10 years ago. I have a BabyLock Imagine serger. I have never put any of them on the machine. I tend to only overlock, narrow hem, and roll hem on it. How lazy is that??? I keep seeing articles where so many beautiful children's clothes are made using the specialty feet for sergers. But I never seem to have enough time to play with them and make samples....
Jerry

A smile is a light in the window of your face to show your heart is at home.
Anonymous
niener

Re: Changing feet

Postby angelalee511 » July 27th, 2016, 3:44 am

I paid $50 for a piping foot and have never used it. :rotflo: It came with a ruffler but was told it doesn't work very well, so I never tried to use it either. I, like Jerry, only use it for the basics.
angelalee511

Return to Serger Use