Sewing mojo

Let's chat about everything sewing.

Sewing mojo

Postby nonie » December 11th, 2017, 2:57 pm

Karen brought up what I am feeling and that is sewing mojo. I did alright for awhile and now even though I am excited about sewing, the energy isn't there.

Do you just rest and wait for the mojo to come back?
Do you just do other things?

Let's share what we do on our not sewing days.
nonie
Super Sewer
Super Sewer

Re: Sewing mojo

Postby KathyD » December 11th, 2017, 7:10 pm

There's so much that qualifies as sewing that I can almost always find something that I will enjoy spending time doing. When my designing mojo went out the door, I did more hand work. I really enjoyed spending the time doing something slower and different. For weeks I didn't even get in the sewing room. Right now I'm in the mood to smock, but have nothing ready. Bummer, because I'll be at the car fix-it shop tomorrow. I'll be working on my handwork t-shirt sewing instead. Sometimes you just need a break from it all. It will come back!

Kathy
KathyD

Re: Sewing mojo

Postby peacechick » December 12th, 2017, 10:24 am

I just got my embroidery machine repaired and she's off and running finally. I'm also an avid reader, so if I'm really feeling low on physical energy (not unusual since I have lupus and hypothyroidism), I still have enough mental energy to catch up on my reading. Actually, today I woke up with a migraine and am trying to muster the energy to get to the sewing machine because I've got a project with a deadline. Thankfully, it's an apron, so it shouldn't take long once I'm feeling better!
Vanessa, mother to James (37), Sarah (35), Aaron (33), Adam (30) and David (27)
peacechick

Return to On Topic Talk