How to organize sewing patterns.

Let's chat about everything sewing.

How to organize sewing patterns.

Postby angelalee511 » January 26th, 2017, 9:20 am

angelalee511

Re: How to organize sewing patterns.

Postby Rosieq » January 26th, 2017, 1:18 pm

Very timely! I only have a couple more boxes to sort for the stash room! Then I will start in the sewing room...and patterns are the next thing. I do have a pattern company chest of drawers...now to get it organized. And that is what I want to do...build a file, but I will still sort into pattern company and numbers. And, remember gals, some numbers are repeated for another fashion in later years.

Thanks, Angela for passing this on to us. Are you in love with that room...or at work today??? Poor you; no snow days! :rotflo:
Linda

Life is a garden, Good friends are the flowers,
And times spent together, Life's happiest hours.....

http://pinterest.com/intherosegarden/
http://www.linda-thisnthatintherosegarden.blogspot.com/
Rosieq

Postby angelalee511 » January 27th, 2017, 3:51 am

Good luck with that sorting. Luckily I don't have that many yet but suspect I will. I do like the looks of some patterns and impulse buy when they are on sale. :rotflo:

No, no snow days for me. I will start moving things in this weekend!
angelalee511

Postby peacechick » January 27th, 2017, 7:10 am

I store mine in a vintage filing cabinet. I love vintage patterns, too. I don't see scanning them into my phone. I just don't use my phone that way. I only got a smart phone because my old flip phone died and my boys said a smart phone was the way to go. I really only use my phone to call and text (I do actually prefer texting sometimes). It's way to small to small for internet or reading books, etc (I was born REALLY farsighted, as in coke bottle glasses, and it only gets worse with age).
Vanessa, mother to James (37), Sarah (35), Aaron (33), Adam (30) and David (27)
peacechick

Postby gmasuz1215 » January 27th, 2017, 6:25 pm

I need to organize my patterns and add another cube to my Ikea storage cubes for more patterns. I have two cubes already. Think I can do it. My sewing room is a tiny 10x11 space, but it is well organized and neat. I cannot sew in chaos. I do have a 6ft bi-door closet full of shelves of fabrics, kits, cutting mats. light box, 23 inch MP doll, laces, threads, kits, ironing board, paints, and so much more. Need to get to this closet to do a reorganization. Last time was two years ago. So much more heirloom than other fabric so I can reorganize more easily.
gmasuz1215

Postby peacechick » January 28th, 2017, 4:00 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't sew in chaos. I get antsy about the small amount of task-related clutter that accumulates in the immediate sewing area in the middle of a project. I spend a lot of time during a sewing project cleaning up that stuff as I go. My room is small but well-organized as well. I don't get the people who say their rooms are a mess but they manage to get so much done anyway. I keep thinking they have to be overstating the mess because how can you work efficiently if you can't find things in a messy, cluttered room?
Vanessa, mother to James (37), Sarah (35), Aaron (33), Adam (30) and David (27)
peacechick

Return to On Topic Talk