Fit2stitch videos

Let's chat about everything sewing.

Fit2stitch videos

Postby gardenbunnies » February 4th, 2016, 1:21 pm

I have found these great videos on how to make patterns fit you and and explanation of how things work and why. There is a great one on how to use the french curve. I have one but I have never really known how to use it. There is one on jeans and how to make them fit you perfectly. I know Judy has made jeans a few times. Anyway, I have watched a few of them so far. I have been sewing for at least 46 years and I have learned so much in the last 2 days watching these. I have just recently started trying to figure out how to sew for myself and not be frustrated with the end product where it is a wadder. What fits so far is where I have copied something that I know fits fairly well. It still doesn't fit perfectly but better than trying a pattern, that usually is a wadder! I have a long way to go, but things sure are a lot clearer now after watching these videos. I might actually make something that fits and looks good on me when I get done! We will see, but I think it is more hopeful after watching these and Nancy Zieman.
If you go to the website fit2stitch.com there are links to the video's under each series. Not all of them in the series are on youtube but a good bit of them are.
Sylvia
gardenbunnies

Return to On Topic Talk