Monogrammed knits for 4th of July

Machine Embroidery

Moderator: ShirleyC

JerryR

Monogrammed knits for 4th of July

Post by JerryR »

I purchased these knit dresses at Old Navy online and added royal blue monograms to them. Hubby found the red shirts at Michael's a month or so ago along with some other bright colors. The reds are not the same, but they work well together. Since the girls' dresses have white stars on red, I found some star designs in my files and added three to each of the boys' monograms. The sun was setting and brightly shining in the circle top window in the bedroom where I take pictures, but the dress on the stand has the blue monogram exactly like the folded dresses.
Attachments
All5.jpg
All5.jpg (98.19 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
girls dresses.jpg
girls dresses.jpg (105.04 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
boys shirts.jpg
boys shirts.jpg (104.26 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
ShirleyC

Re: Monogrammed knits for 4th of July

Post by ShirleyC »

So adorable and perfect for summer!
Shirley Clark
North Louisiana!
nonie

Post by nonie »

Very nice. What fun for the little ones to get another Mimi box.
NancyFigur

Post by NancyFigur »

Love those all. I used to do lots of July 4th sewing as the big twins were born on July 4th and the little twins on July 3rd.

My favorite embroidery I ever did for the 4th was one that had corker ribbon attached to it like streamers.

Jerry, with the six girls each time the Moms change seasons all the last seasons clothes go in a bin and then get passed to the next set of kids - by the time it gets to the sixth kid some of the outfits are shot and need to be tossed. Usually I will help out and I am always surprised that when we put the outfits in piles of "Looks perfect" and "great for every day" and "toss or donate" far and away the things that held up the best are the Old Navy outfits, followed by Carter's. All the "better" labels are worse for the wear - Gap, JCrew, Janie and Jack, Vineyard Vines, and the ones like that all fade and shrink and just don't hold up over time. Not at all what I would have thought. Might just be that the blended fabrics hold up way better than all cotton.
Angela

Post by Angela »

I love these and they are perfect for July 4. That blue really stands out too! Best dressed kids!
Angela Lee
Pooler, GA