Pinterest?

Let's chat about everything sewing.

Pinterest?

Postby Bunbun » September 30th, 2011, 3:46 am

Do any of you do Pinterest? If so let's get a list going so we can follow each other. I have gotten some amazing inspiration from this site - all sorts of inspiration. I have gotten fabulous organizing ideas, sewing tutes, pics of fashions I love, and lots more from great recipes to travel ideas. I know Rett is on there as well as Martha Broyles.

I am listed on Pinterest as Bunny here: http://pinterest.com/bunnypep/ Please feel free to follow my boards. I would love to follow yours.

What is your name on PInterest so we can look you up or better yest a URL?

Bunny
Bunbun

Re: Pinterest?

Postby KathyD » September 30th, 2011, 4:25 am

I haven't got a clue what to do on pinterest. If you sign up and pin stuff to your "place", does everyone get to see it? Just curious how it works. I've done some searches over there, but it didn't turn up exactly what I thought it would. :rotflo: :rotflo: :rotflo: Leave it to me to be clueless on what is probably a simple concept site.

Kathy
KathyD

Postby Hettielynn » September 30th, 2011, 5:57 am

I'm on there: http://pinterest.com/hettielynn/ but haven't pinned a whole lot. I think it's a good idea to have things you find that you would like to save. I know when I bookmark a site I often forget about it or can't remember how it was saved. Pinterest is a virtual bulletin board with all those interesting and fun things you find all in one place with a picture to boot. Bunny, I checked some of yours the other day and could just about repin everything! You have found some yummy treats. I hope you don't feel like you're being stalked! :rotflo:

My daughters use pinterest when they are planning birthday parties. They create a board for the party and pin lots of ideas as they find things in their searches. It really works well for this. My niece plans home school ideas. I did run into a problem a couple of nights ago when I tried to pin something. It kept asking me for a login and password to pin something after I was already logged in. I guess it was just a glitch because it works now.

Kathy, I haven't figured it all out either. I think the things you pin randomly show up on the main board. People you don't know will repin something you've pinned.
Hettie Lynn
Hettielynn

Postby ShirleyC » September 30th, 2011, 11:41 am

I love it, but I only follow the boards other people create if it's something I like. It can load up your homepage with lots of things you don't really care about if you follow the person. That's just me. I click on a person's name, and choose the boards I want to follow.
One thing about this is that you don't have to visit it everyday. It's really nice to "see" what you bookmark.
You can create as many boards as you like for various things.

If someone wants an invite, send me your email.

This is my page:
http://pinterest.com/embmimi/
ShirleyC

Postby SewingForAll » September 30th, 2011, 5:51 pm

I'm on there, don't understand it yet, but I'm still trying...

http://pinterest.com/angieandrd
SewingForAll

Postby shorte85 » September 30th, 2011, 11:32 pm

If someone could send me a invite, that would be great! :)

PM me, and I'll send you my email address. :)
My name is CJ

Sewing Level: Beginner
Sewing Machine: Janome
Blogger Link: My Sewing Journey
Pinterest: My Boards
shorte85

Postby genniewren » October 1st, 2011, 8:41 am

Hum... I'm still doodling on post it notes and sticking them round my PC screen! lol.
genniewren

Postby shorte85 » October 1st, 2011, 8:54 am

genniewren wrote:Hum... I'm still doodling on post it notes and sticking them round my PC screen! lol.

Nothing wrong with that! :P
My name is CJ

shorte85

Postby KathyD » October 2nd, 2011, 5:18 pm

HELP!

Well, I signed up and somehow I am following a bunch of people that I don't want to follow. How do you unfollow them??? I'm clueless! I think these are the ones that they suggested I follow. Don't know how I managed this. :roll:

Kathy
KathyD

Postby ShirleyC » October 2nd, 2011, 5:19 pm

Kathy, I'll send you a message.
ShirleyC

Postby gasew7 » October 2nd, 2011, 6:09 pm

I got signed up but have not pinned much. I am just using it as a convenient bulletin board where I can see all my bookmarks in images. I can't figure out how to stop following the people pinterest suggested either. Maybe you could forward the message to me as well Shirley? I am glad you started this Bunny because I looked for you and couldn't find you.

Here is my pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/pittslesliem/
Leslie
gasew7

Postby lovs2sew » October 2nd, 2011, 9:06 pm

A friend got me started, still trying to set up!
http://pinterest.com/susanb14/
lovs2sew

Postby shorte85 » October 2nd, 2011, 9:30 pm

I'm up and running thanks to Shirley! :)

Here's my link if anyone wants it.. ;)

http://pinterest.com/shorte_85/
My name is CJ

shorte85

Postby Bunbun » October 4th, 2011, 7:24 pm

If you don't want those people following you, just click on their name and their boards will come up. Under each board will be a grayed out small window saying "unfollow" click that and they will be gone.

it is a big confusing. I think Pinterest is great but they have a few kinks to work out.

I think one of the most tricky parts is working out your boards. I had a board for Sewing. That has now turned into Sewing Tutorials, 2B Sewn, My style, Hats, and one for Bags Made or to be Made. Now it is much easier to find my "ideas".

I find the search engine confusing but I am still learning all this. I read all the FAQs last night and that helped. One neat board to follow is Ben Silberman. He is the guy who invented Pinterest and has some really great pins.

Today I went to some of my favorite sewing blogs and put up all sorts of great sewing tutorials. Martha Broyles are in there and they are fabulous. I need to get Betty's up now.

Bunny
Bunbun

Postby KathyD » October 5th, 2011, 3:29 am

I'm just beginning to figure things out - so much fun and love that all the links and pictures are in one place. :)

Kathy
KathyD

Next

Return to On Topic Talk